Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ramblings of a mom/wife/who-am-i

It's kinda weird not having to type anything at all.

I've completed ALL the assignment/essay/forum/proofreading projects that came my way since October. Things were hectic for almost 2 month straight but the pay was most welcome. But, the past 2 days have been a bit, well, boring. Heh. Never thought I'd say that but after spending almost everyday in front of the computer, thinking of what to write or how to edit a sentence to make it better, you get a bit disoriented when you are in the same setting but no longer need to do the same task.

Funny thing though, while I was busy completing the projects, at the back of my mind was a constant multitude of chore list that I keep putting off till I have completed everything. Everyday, for the past 3 weeks, I'd open my fridge and think, "I'll clean this when I'm free" or whenever we have to dive into the mountain of clean laundry still waiting to be folded, I'd think, "This shouldn't take to long to finish, 1 day would be enough". Unfortunately, till today, I have done nothing. NADA..

Heheh.

But actually, I started this entry because I have things to get off my chest. I'm just gonna write them in point form coz I'm feeling lazy. 

1- I have something to say to doctors and nurses. Children get sick all the time. When they do, don't just blame the MOTHER! She certainly doesn't want her child to get sick or wait 3 days to see a doctor. What is it with you people? Why do you have to put the blame solely on ME?? Because it's easier? since I'm the only one talking to you even though my husband is in there as well? Do you really think I'd purposely let my kids suffer before seeing you if I could have done it sooner??? This BS has happen to me so many times. It's so UNFAIR! If it was up to me, I'd have taken my kids in the moment I know they are not well BUT I can't. Okey..I need help to handle the boys. Husband has to come along; to drive us, to help manage the boys but he's busy too. Just because I'm a house wife doesn't mean I have time to waste at your stupid clinic just because my kids have runny noses. Ughh...these people act as if Ahmad was not there or not in the picture and just heap the blame on me. BS!! Why didn't you ask him why he didn't take his kids in to see the doctor sooner?

2- I am getting sick of this one old neighbour of us. She has been coming around asking for this and that ever since I've known her. At first I thought, well, she's old and weak, what the heck, right? So, I just give her anything she asks and get this, she has a system for asking for things. She'd casually walk past our window (usually in the morning), take a peek in on the items on our table and would ask questions about them. There was one time when the table was full of food from the night before (my parents came and they brought home-cooked food, YAY! for my mom) and I'd just finished reheating them for an early lunch. She walked past (there's a spot for burning trash at the back of this house and she would throw her trash there every.single.day.even.if.it's.just.one.small.plastic.bag) and as usual, took a peak, saw the food on the table and immediately started asking me about the dishes. Well, since I'm such a polite neighbor, I couldn't just let her stand outside my window while we talked, so I invited her in. In the end, she went home with 3 containers full of the food she sampled while she was here. The same happened this evening. I was frying some chicken nuggets for the boys when she ambled past. She peaked, saw the nuggets and as usual, started asking about them (as if she's never seen one before) and as usual, she said could she have some for her dinner. So? What to do? I had to pack some for her and her husband. I don't mind giving her food every now and then since she's old and frail and I thought her annoying habit was age related BUT people around here has been telling me that she's been that way since forever. She's been perfecting her M.O. since her 20's, who knows? But what to do, right? We're Malays and we are friendly, polite people, so I can't say NO to her when she comes by next time. 

3- This one is positive, promise. I was nursing Khairin the other day, it was noon and the older boys were making noises about being thirsty. I jokingly said, "No, today is my day off!" and you know what Shahrin said? He said, "You can't have a day off, you're a mother!" to which we both laughed. I swear this is not just something I write ok, Shahrin actually said it like that. Hahahah...*ahem* 
p/s: sometimes, I feel proud of how he quickly picks up the correct way of saying things in English but there are times when I feel like I've let him watch to many cartoons. heh heh heh...      

No comments:

Post a Comment