Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Productive day indeed.

I was finally able to persuade Ahmad to start his business going again, alhamdulillah.

We went to the market this morning and open up shop there after being away for sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long.

The last time I went along with Ahmad to the market was way back when Nazrin was only 2 years old. He is now 3. It has been THAT long. Anyway, nothing much has changed except for the vendors who were there this morning. I don't know most of them, maybe they are newbies, maybe they have been going there for the past year. But I did recognize a few of the old time vendors who we used to be tight with before we stopped going there. Customers come and go and we did receive visits from quite a number of our 'loyal' customers from back then. Well, suffice to say that we managed to get the ball rolling again with Ahmad saying that we'll be going back there tomorrow morning. YAY!! to the end of Ahmad's bundle drought. 

Since we were already at the market, I took the time to buy half a chicken and the makings of 'Kailan Ikan Bilis'. When we got home around 12, I quickly went to work cleaning the chicken and the kailan. Okay, I was only motivated by the fact that Ahmad's mother and sister were here heh & I wanted to get lunch ready before they head back to Pokok Assam (they rent a house there since Ahmad's brother works in Taiping). Konon menantu yang baik la heheh.

I fried 1/3 of the chicken and made some chicken soup with the other 1/3 and get this, I made the soup using  ingredients already prepared by MY mother! Talk about instant! She knew that I am a lazy cook, that's why she went through all that trouble of preparing these things, heh. She gave me 1 small container of chicken broth/stock and a few packets of spices that she packed herself when she came here last month. I kept the stock in the freezer and was able to use it when I made the soup just now. THANK YOU MAK!!!! Love you lotsss.... <3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p">

As for the kailan, I sauteed some onions, garlic and 3 chilies. Then, I added a handful of anchovies and stirred them till they were a bit crispy. Finally, I added the kailan and some soy sauce. Should have used oyster sauce but I didn't have any. So, today's lunch was prepared by moi and not bought at a restaurant like we usually do. *patting myself on the shoulder* 

I'm so proud of me.

Heheheh...feel free to make silly faces at the screen now....  ~ _______~

p/s: how I wish I can upload pictures...waaaa...

No comments:

Post a Comment