Tuesday, January 29, 2013

2 sad news in one morning.

First sad news:

I sent Nazrin to kindy this morning and stopped at my favorite nasi lemak stall on the way home. While waiting for my nasi lemak to get wrapped, the owner told me that there has been an accident a few kilometers down the road that involves 2 motorcyclists. Her husband has gone there to help. I heard the siren of an ambulance just before we went out of the house this morning, so it must have been on its way to the site. When her husband came back, he told us that one of the victims has just given birth 19, people, 19!! days ago. She's practically still in her confinement period. She should have stayed home with her baby but she was on her way to send her older child to a kindy nearby when she collided with a man who was on his way to work. What really bugged me was the fact that the onlookers who were there said that her husband was asleep at home when this happened. ASLEEP???!!! I mean, come on! She gave birth to your child! Couldn't you have woken up & help send your other child to kindy for a minute?? Is that so hard to do?

Poor mommy...she could still be hurting down there from a normal birth since I know from experience that if she had a C-section, she wouldn't be riding a motorcycle this morning. Only 19 days ago. Poor baby too. 


Second sad news:   

Ok, this is not entirely a real life situation but the reality of it is very real. Really.

If you have ASTRO Diva (Channel 702) subscription, then, you would've seen the snippet for the next episode of Downton Abbey. Spoiler alert!

When I saw Sybil's husband standing by the window, holding a baby in his hand, and the narrator saying something about 'a joy turned into sorrow' or something, I knew Sybil would be in some kind of trouble. This morning, my favorite blogger confirmed it. Read it here. Sybil died during childbirth due to preeclampsia.

She, Cecily the blogger, not Sybil the character, went through this same problem with her last pregnancy that almost took her life. But sadly, she lost her twin due to complications brought on by preeclampsia. It is horrifying to think that 76, 000 women died of it in a year, even with the advances in medicine we have today. I am thankful that my 3 deliveries went well, my boys are healthy & I am still alive. 

Makes you wonder why, after all the hardship women go through to ensure the survival of the human race, couldn't men be nicer to us? 

No comments:

Post a Comment