Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Red flags!

I keep putting off writing this entry.
I don't want to analyze what I'm feeling right now.
The truth hurts. That's right. Nobody would really admit their mistakes.
Especially when that mistake is preventable and has been predicted by the masses.

DANG!

Well, here goes..

Red flag..
#1 - He never say "Thank you", not to me anyway.
#2 - Before we got married, he lives with his aunt and his grandmother. (Should have been a
MAJOR red flag!)
#3 - He always put his friends first ahead of my needs.
#4 - Never really talk about his dreams/ambitions. He never really talk, PERIOD!
#5 - Doesn't have a good relationship with any of his family members, it's complicated.
#6 - Takes me and the boys for granted.

There's plenty more but let's just focus on these flags first, ok?

Well, with these many red flags up against him, I should probably focus on ways I can take to improve our marriage.
Problem is, refer to flag #4.
Usually, I would present my case to him when he's rested and not doing anything much except watch TV. Then, after I've finish presenting my case, he'd either 'hmmm' or 'ok' or down right 'NO'. Cases of the delicate nature would require days of proposing, tip-toeing around his ego and making sure I have good reason to request such a case.

So, I could research Google up to the wazoo and still not come up with any good plan to improve our situation.

Wait, you're saying I'm giving up before a fight?

Oh, no, no. It's not like that.
I have fought him over our living arrangements before. I'd even go as far as threatening him with a divorce. But him, being a man, would not change his ways. And me, being the insecure little mouse that I am, just let him walk all over me.

(How stupid was I to think LOVE would be enough to attain happy ever after. Cinderella made it look so easy, though. Maybe I need a fairy godmother too)

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there buddy!
    Can your parents talk to him on your behalf?
    Afterall, he's responsible for the well-being of anak-cucus pakcik Mansor kan?
    Cinderella? ...pfffffttt!
    This ain't fairy tale honey!

    ReplyDelete