Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I was bored so I made these felt flowers.

The Three Flowers.
I made these out of felt that I bought a looooooooong time ago but didn't have time to do anything with them, until recently. These two at the bottom were just circles in decreasing diameters, stacked one on top of the other. The bigger yellow one was easy to make since I just fold them in half 3 times to make those slits. The smaller one was harder since I had to make square cuts to achieve that effect. I was just fooling around when I decided to make the square cuts but I liked how they looked the first time I did them, so why not make more, right? Hehe. To bind them all together, I just used buttons. I wanted to put 2 leaves at the back but I don't have green felt, so at the moment, they are KIVed till later (or never from the look of things these days *sigh*)
Deformed felt flower?
 This yellow and orange 'flower-like' felt creation was actually meant to be something else but it didn't work out the way I wanted it. I had to improvise and in the end, I turned it into a stuffed flower with a yellow patch, for added effect. I had an extra button, so that went on too. Since it didn't look like a flower, I decided to make it a fridge-magnet. I had a sheet of A4 magnet from the same purchase I made a long time ago and I decided to use it.
This is how it looks like at the back, with the magnet.

Here it is with its FM buddy, on my fridge.
That's all the creative energy I have for now. Till it strikes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment