Sunday, October 14, 2012

5 reasons why I'm not a famous blogger!

disclaimer: just in case you're wondering, I'm not whining or complaining, I'm just making fun of myself heheh

1- I'm no camwhore nor do I like taking pictures. This fact is evident in the absence of pictures in my posts. Hahahha. Sometimes, when I pull out my Galaxy Y and get the camera ready to take a picture, I'd somehow would feel embarrassed and refrain myself from snapping gazillion pictures of my boys. (I'm too old & not so cute anymore for pictures plus Ahmad never wants to take MY pictures :p).

2- My posts are not very informational and just mundane. I'm not a foodie & I don't have a passion for cooking, so I can't review restaurants or post new recipes. I don't travel much, my 'traveling' only involves me driving Shahrin to preschool every morning & the occasional quick trip to the mini mart. I don't have a blogshop although I'm supposed to be promoting Bling Buubies Nursing Kurung (Damn! I knew I forgot something important).So, what's left to write about? Who would want to read about Ahmad & me fighting every other day, right? Hahah.

3- Some days  I would get stuck on how to begin writing about something for so long that the inspiration just evaporates into thin air, leaving my blog bare. Or I would begin writing and then I'd read through what I've written then edit them then edit them then edit them...you get my point.

4- I enjoy reading other people's blog too much to spend time to blog on mine!

5- Err...there's no 5th reason. Hahah.
-edited- I'm not a famous blogger becauuussseeeee....famous bloggers blog everyday or as often as they can, with pictures and how-to lists and (insert number here) things you need to know about (insert info here) and places they've been to and food they've eaten and things they're selling. Me? Err...I think I'll just maintain my usual low profile self hahah.

5 comments:

  1. Not sure if I should give you more tips since you've been taking my advise negatively and passively so far.

    However, since I would love to see other people become successful and happy in their life, dan dalam surah al-asr pun ada sebut pasal kesabaran dalam berpesan-pesan nih, below are something you should think about:
    - providing services (including blogging or whatever involves humans) is all about OTHER people, not YOU.
    - readers will not come bergolek to you simply by whining and blogging about readers not reading your blogs.
    - people are divided by two main categories: man and woman. I did asked you to read a specific book last time but I think you did not. to get both readers, you have to understand them.
    - people reception/communication style/persona are always divided into four major types. This time I'm not gonna spoon-feed you by naming a specific book for you to refer. However, since I want to trigger you to look for it, one of the people reception type is 'visual type' and this kind of people don't read, instead they like images more than reading. hence, if you just write, no picture, you already lose a huge chunk of potential readers.
    - you seem to understand why you are not a popular blogger. that's a GREAT first step actually, which is you understand that you have a problem. so, just resolve it!

    Good luck!

    [anon]

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah! patut la rasa nak tersedak ja tadi...ada org mad at me rupanya..woke up on the wrong side of the bed did you? :p

    well, if you read this entry again (read it carefully) you will notice that i was just making fun of myself (i was laughing a lot here as in 'hahah'?)

    i've been busy & tetiba realized that i dah lama tak blog, plus i blogged right after i read a famous (really!) blog (maybe you know her? akak diana at Walk on wings, tread on air)thus this entry was written..this is just me saying bye2 to my dream of cashing from nuffnang..hahah

    please don't be angry at me (*making a cute face*) coz i do appreciate your advises, honest.

    btw, if you know anything about copywriting or how to get involve in it, please email me..thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. your posts are definitely not "mundane". i enjoy reading your posts simply because you're a good writer. any imperfections that you think you might have are the ones that enable your readers to relate to you - hey, this happened to me once - and they wanna know how you get thru it. i especially like the one you wrote about taking care of your elderly neighbour. :)

    more of LIFE story like that would be nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww....that is so nice of you Syigim!!! Thank you so much for the kind thought, really appreciate it. <3

      for this, i promise you i will keep on blogging! Yeah!! hahaha....

      Delete
  4. Erm....superb btoi baca org set 1 mengarang :-)

    ReplyDelete