Thursday, October 27, 2011

Relief....

Remember what happened to me 2 weeks ago?
I had such a bad stomach pain, similar to the pain I experienced when I had the ectopic pregnancy.
After seeing the doctor that day, the pain persisted for 3 more days but less intense (or maybe that's just because of the paracetamol he gave me).
Then, the week after that, I had a bout of diarrhea and vomiting, from morning till late at night.
I couldn't keep anything down. The minute I'd finish eating (I couldn't even finish them), I threw up, followed by having to go to the toilet. I wanted to see a doctor that day but Ahmad was busy with something else and I didn't have the energy to drive by myself. So, I just prayed that it was just something I ate the day before and nothing serious.
Luckily, I felt better the next day, so we didn't see the doctor at all.

BUT...

A feeling lingered in me.
Nothing serious, just a fleeting thought.

I  didn't say anything about it to Ahmad.
I was worried about it though.

Fortunately, today, my fear has been lifted. Alhamdulillah!
I went for my routine check at my local clinic and the scan showed that my baby is well and kicking!
What a relief.

Now I am able to write about it.

After the abdominal pain, I googled the symptoms and had a few hits on preeclampsia. I read through them and I learned that:
        i) high blood pressure
        ii) protein in urine
        iii) swelling in the hands, feet or face
        iv) upper abdominal pain or chest pain or back pain
        v) breathlessness

are some of the signs and symptoms of preeclampsia. Although I found these signs worrying, I tried to keep calm since the doctor already told me that it was nothing. But the vomiting and diarrhea made me even more worried. I couldn't shake the feeling of impending doom.

I was worried that my baby has died and I didn't even know it. I googled just now. These came up. It was a scary read. Thank GOD it didn't happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment