Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Boys.


I haven't done this in a long while. I used to do a monthly update when Shahrin was still a baby but I didn't do the same for Nazrin, what a pity. So, today I think I'm going to do an update for both boys.

Firstly, my first born, Shahrin.
Well, he is quite a handful, let me tell you. One minute he is as docile as a sleeping kitten and the next, he'd be running all over the place like a cheetah on caffeine. Most of the time, he'd be watching cartoons and laughing along to GOD knows what. p/s: he used to watch ASTRO Channel 613 which is full of educational programs but these days, he'd watch Channel 616, non-stop if I let him. I don't quite like the programs on that channel e.g. Tom & Jerry, Pink Panther, Courage the cowardly dog to name a few. The first two shows kept showing repetitive actions of falling down, getting hit, getting pranked again and again while in Courage, 'stupid dog!' is said over and over. Ughhh.. Sometimes I can get him to change channels but most of the time, he'd be stuck on 616 all day long. Anyways, he is officially off diapers even at night since last month. It started quite by accident when I forgot to buy his size when we went shopping & he couldn't fit into Nazrin's diaper. so, we went cold turkey on him and I had to wake up every 3 hours and persuade him to go to the toilet, lest he pees on the bed. It was hard work the whole week when we decided that since it worked well the first night, why not continue with it? I practically had to set an alarm just in case I slept the night through. All in all, I don't have to wake him up to pee anymore because he finally get the point of waking up when he needed to go. So, we have successfully weaned Shahrin off of his diapers. Yeah, at 5 years old. Lame huh? Other than that, he is getting better at listening to instructions and doing as he is told. He knows a little bit about addition and subtraction. His spelling still needs more work, so he still can't read on his own. He is also very possessive with his toys. We've had countless fights over toys in this house to the point where I am willing to throw away everything out just to stop them from fighting. All in all, I think Shahrin is just being a growing up boy, learning my buttons and knowing which one to push but sometimes can melt my heart with a simple kiss.

Nazrin, my second boy.
Now this boy is quite the opposite of his brother. He does everything fast and with a I-can-do-it-myself attitude. He eats a lot (Shahrin is a very picky-eater) and always want to feed himself. He learns to do things faster compared to when Shahrin was his age. Maybe it's because he has a role model to look up to or maybe since he was born with no complications like we had with Shahrin. Although he is still small compared to other children his age, I no longer worry to much about it since he eats well and active. He is quite the copy-cat. He'd watch his brother play (anything) for a while and the moment he gets a turn, he'd play it the same way he saw his brother did. Also quite by accident, Nazrin is off diapers too!!! I still have some of his diapers but since he doesn't seem to need them, I haven't make him wear them about the same time we weaned Shahrin off. I usually put his diaper on after he had fallen asleep but with having to wake up to tend to Shahrin, I somehow forgot to put one on Nazrin. But after 2 nights of keeping dry till morning, I decided that Nazrin can manage his bladder well even at night. So, now we have managed to save money on diapers, alhamdulillah. Heheh. 

There you go. A summary of what my boys are doing these days. Ahhh..can't wait for the baby to come out though. With everything that's going on these days, I have a strong feeling that it could be a girl! Uuuuu..the nice dresses I can buy, with bows and laces and ribbons..heheheh. 

Have a nice day guys!      

2 comments:

  1. hopefully...i will crotchet you a cute baby bootie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. weh..baby bootie ni valid kalau baby girl saja ka? heheh

    ReplyDelete