Sunday, December 18, 2011

Inspired..

I love, love, love reading Cecily's blog at Uppercase Woman.
Today I read this post which is such a beautiful and heartwarming post.
She is the most soulful when she reminisce about her childhood and her struggle through the hard years spent being poor. Most touching are stories about how she coped with the death of her twin babies due to complications during pregnancy. Though I have no personal experience with pro-life or pro-choice, I am thankful for my two relatively easy pregnancy and birth with the boys. Hopefully this one will be easy as well.

Another blogger I once lost and have recently found again is Ellie at One Crafty Mother.
If I was ever an alcoholic (and THANK YOU ALLAH I am a muslim, thus forbidden to ever touch it), her recovery stories are inspirational, kind and soulful. Even if you're not an alcoholic, her recovery stories do still touch at the very basic of human feelings. They help you accept your current situation and nudge you towards a better change. Plus, she is a very talented crafter who sell exceptional jewelries she made herself. I started reading her blog because I wanted to join in her monthly giveaways but got hooked on her stories instead. Unfortunately, after losing her URL and finding it again after so long, I found out that she has been tested yet again. This time with cancer in her neck. Such a brave woman, to have survived alcoholism, now having to face cancer. Please do stop by and send her kind words. Ironically, as another reader posted on her comments section, people read her posts and left comments with the intention of supporting her and giving her strength to endure this trial, but I agree with that other reader. I leave her blog feeling her strength and supported BY her instead.    

These are writers whom I inspire to be. I wish I know how to tap into my brain and pull out such eloquent words and quotable quotes. They write what they know and they certainly know more about life and living it than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment