Monday, July 11, 2011

Pillow talk...

Salam,

Feeling at bit mixed up today.
Had a semi-serious (me; sleepy as hell, him; still wide awake) talk with Ahmad about me working.
While trying to get his hands in my *you-know-what* (18SX!), he said "Takyah pi keja la esok."

Me, with sleep still heavy on my mind, tried to evade his roving hands while trying to wrap my head around his statement. All I could come up with was a lame "Awat plak?"

He replied that a friend had offered him a job, thus I have to stay at home to look after the boys.
Me, in my head, "LIKE HELL!" coz I know how he is. He'll work with that friend for a month or so and then he'll quit. Why? Because that's just how he is. Ahmad is like a child when it comes to working. He can never stick to just one job for very long. His attention span is very short in terms of job interest.

However, he is skilled in all the jobs he's been involved in. He's like a Jack-of-All-Trade, seriously! He can drive a lorry/trailer, knows how to weld, knows a little bit about carpentry, can fix his own car/motorcycle (well, minor ones at least) and he is a good businessman (in the 3 brief years we dabbled in selling 2nd-hand clothes in night markets). 

Plus I think I've started to like working here even though the pay is small. The workload is manageable (at times non-existent) and I get along well with my co-workers. I've also learned a few useful tricks regarding photocopying and using the fax machine, tricks I wouldn't know if I had only stayed at home.

Ahmad hadn't actually given an ultimatum but from what he said last night and his response this morning when I kissed him before coming to work; he really don't want me working. I'm not sure how to tackle this new dilemma but I managed to placate him by telling him I'll quit at the end of the month (NOOOOO!!!!!)

I'm sure he's sulking right now or he will be when I get back this evening. When I woke up this morning for sahur (3 more days to ganti all my puasa heh), he woke up as well and said "Takyah pi keja ari ni.." before turning over and going back to sleep.

*sigh*

Any advice?     

4 comments:

  1. Alaaa.. kesian kak anis.. klau sy jadi kak amis pun serba salah.. nak jage hati and ego husband lagi but at the same time nak jage insanity sendiri.. the cliche is 'sabar je'.. doa bnyk², kot² bln Sya'aban ni rahmat bnyk skit turun ke kak Anis and family, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ayu..dah confirm pun..smlm smpi rmh lps blk keja ahmad terus keluaq dgn muka masam..blk lps maghrib..pujuk punya pujuk (susah tau memujuk bila org yg dipujuk tu tak bercakap n respon only dgn 'hmmm'..dgn 'huh') takat hujung bulan ja dia bg keja..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's with him??? What's with you??? Demi masa... You're already 32, and it is not easy to get employed. Or perhaps, you can start a home based business. Real and continuous type like selling nasik lemak. Sesungguhnya Tuhan tidak akan mengubah nasib.... Or start writing a novel, short stories etc rather than your proofreading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he's just being stubborn & obnoxious
    me? just trying to be a good wife & mother..

    i haven't given up on this..last night pun try pujuk lg..ahmad ni kena amik masa sket nak pujuk though sometimes tak mkn pujuk jugak..

    do pray for me..

    ReplyDelete