Friday, August 26, 2011

Random thoughts..

1. I watched The Edge of the Garden last night on ASTRO's Channel 702. About half an hour later, I began to have a feeling that I've watched this movie before, though not the same actors. I kept having deja vu moments while watching this Hallmark movie. Then, it hit me. 

The Lake House!!

Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock! Individuals from different times, falling in love with each other. Just like the characters in last night's movie. What a rip off!

The Edge of the Garden:


PLOT: 
A lonely businessman temporarily relocates to Maine after a bad breakup. He moves into a rundown cottage, where he meets the beautiful spirit of a woman who lived in the house fifty years before. As they form a friendship, they begin to help each other in ways they never knew were possible, and change both their fortunes forever.


http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2010/10/edge-of-garden-hallmark-channel.html
The Lake House:


PLOT:


A lonely doctor who once occupied an unusual lakeside home begins exchanging love letters with its former resident, a frustrated architect. They must try to unravel the mystery behind their extraordinary romance before it's too late.


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0410297/

Similarities:
a) Both stories involves the 'supernatural', two person falling in love but they are from
different times, just sharing the same space; the house.
b) Both stories have the characters exchanging letters, in The Lake House, Sandra and
 Keanu had the mailbox while in The Garden, Rob and Sarah placed
their letters in a cookie tin and hid it in the fireplace.


Differences:
In the end, Sandra and Keanu did get together, happily ever after while Rob did find Sarah again, problem is, she's old BUT she did have a granddaughter
who's the spitting image of her, so win-win in the end.

And enough of this.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moving on.


2. I'm having horrible morning sickness for this first trimester. Haven't fasted in 8 days. Don't think I'll be able to finish this fasting month *sad*. I was hoping to be able to complete the whole month but the baby had other thoughts. Even after sahur, I'd be so hungry by 9am, my stomach heaving and acting up that I have to break my fast. *sigh*


Hopefully my Eidul Fitri day wouldn't be so bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment