Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sulking in silence...

All day long.

This actually happened last night but I was still so upset about it that I didn't want to say anything yet, just in case I'll regret it later.

My parents & my youngest brother came by around 9.30pm on their way to KL. They drove from Alor Star and stopped here since they're taking the train from here to KL. The train was scheduled to leave from the Bagan Serai station at 11.00pm so they stayed for an hour before my father began shooing everyone out of the house. We all packed into the car they came in (we're car-sitting for the weekend) with my parents and my bro in the backseats and I got the front seat. Ahmad drove, off course.

When we got there, it was only 10.40pm and not many passenger have arrived. So, we sat down and made small talks while waiting for the train to come. The boys spent the time running around like crazy and no amount of telling them NO!!! Boys, no running!!! could make them stop, so I just let them.

At almost 3 minutes to 11.00pm, the stationmaster came out of his office and announced that the train will be delayed till 1.00am. WHAT???? He kept the announcement super simple and the gist of it was just that, the train will only get here around 1.00am. He didn't explain why or where or when.

Anyway, as it was almost 2 hours to wait till it arrived, Ahmad and I suggested that we all get back in the car and wait till 12.30am before coming back to the station.

Somehow, Baba decided that it would be better for them to wait at the station itself. My mom, who was already sleepy by then, even went ahead and lied down on the bench. No amount of cajoling could make them change their mind. We were told to just go home and leave them there, they'll be fine. I tried persuading Mama to come home with us, at least she'd be more comfortable sleeping in bed as oppose to sleeping on the hard bench. But Baba vetoed any decision she was about to make by saying that who can sleep with the boys running around like they were doing last night.

Honestly, I felt insulted, I felt hurt and most of all I was sad by the way they chose not to wait at Ahmad's mother's house with us. I mean, they were spending almost all their time these days switching between my two sisters' house in KL and they couldn't even spend 1 and a half hour here?? Yeah, sure, this is not MY house. I just happen to live in it but I would have liked it very much if they spend more time here.

The truth is, in the course of my 6 years of marriage and living here, my family had never really spend the night here. They've always only stopped by for a few hours either on their way from AS to KL or from KL to AS. Even after Ahmad's mother moved to Taiping with her other children, my family still wouldn't spend the night here.  

So, what was I supposed to do but leave them there? Like I'm the cruel daughter who couldn't even provide a comfortable place for my parents to rest while they were here. All I can do was kissed them goodbye, wished them a safe journey and got in the car with my kids and husband. Around 12.45am, Ahmad asked me if they have boarded the train but I was so upset, I didn't want to talk to either of them. So I made Ahmad call them instead. The news was that the train was delayed till maybe 1.30am but then again, the news was of no significance to me since they didn't want me there and they didn't want to come home with us. So, I sulk.

I am still sulking.

This morning, I didn't call or SMS them asking about their trip. I don't know what time they arrived in KL and I definitely don't know when they are coming back. They were only supposed to spend 2 days there but I suspect they'll stay even longer visiting their youngest granddaughter.

Well, it looks like I just have to sulk in silence since there is absolutely nothing I can do about the current situation.


*sigh*

3 comments:

  1. Sian kak Anis.. sometimes I feel the way you do jugak.. n kene majuk senyap² jgk like you.. I know why you didn't wanna share it at first.. coz you're afraid that you were the one yg buat salah kan? Hmm.. same here..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't sulk under such a small matter. Ayu, don't encourage her. Probably they really can't sleep with the boys running. Also, if I were I'm the same situation, I will wait at the station and not risking being left by the train. The train will not wait right? Also you were the one who don't like the house you're living in because you don't really like your mother in law. It simply radiates from your face and of course your posting. They definitely won't feel comfortable there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayu, kita kan control macho (nak tulis kontrol ayu tp kan coincide dgn nama you plak heheh)..majuk pun control gak ler..sendiri pujuk juga ada :p

    Anon:
    You're probably right but as a pregnant lady, I really want to own the fact that my hormones govern my feelings these days. I've had my day for sulking and today I feel better already.

    By the way, I do appreciate the comments you've given me but next time, please keep them directed to me & myself only ok. I don't mind the way you commented about me but when you pointed out Ayu's comment, I do feel uncomfortable. Please respect other people's opinion & freedom to comment here. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete