Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fabric covered cakeboard

Hi there,

This is my attempt to be crafty and to fulfill my heart's voice, telling me to find the 'artist' in me again. I used to love doing crafts; I love origami, I love constructing things from stuff, if I remember correctly I used to draw quite well too. So, this afternoon, I spent 1 hour constructing a 3-piece-would-be-bedroom-wall-decoration. Check it out!

These were the bottom part or platter or I don't know what they are called but you know, right? Your cake comes on top of these board thingies. I got 2 from Shahrin's cake and cupcakes (for his birthday back in August) and the other one from my sister. The original design from Cheryl over at Tidy Mom calls for canvases but I don't know where to get them plus I thought reusing these boards would be better for my budget, because they're free, well sort of hehe.

These are T-shirts. We used to sell 2nd hand clothes and these were 2 T-shirts I found in our left over stash of bundles. The one on the left has flower prints on it and kind of wavy bumps on it. The one on the right has white flowers and monograms on it.


And TADAAA!!!!

Ok, please ignore the polystyrene box they are resting on because I don't have anything to nail these babies on the wall yet. But they are going to be featured in our bedroom. I'm seriously thinking of changing the white flowers into red flowers for the center piece. Just to create a diversion, because they look too harmonious.
What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. canteeekkkk..buat banyak-banyak lah kak anis..pastu pos mai sini sikit. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete