Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Being good in both worlds..

Not that I'm saying I am good at playing housewife but with my new job, the transition from being a SAHM to working-mom is quite challenging. While at work, I do my work but when I get home, I still have to perform the usual 'mommy duties' that I've been doing for the past years.

My only beef with this situation is Ahmad. I mean, when he stays-at-home with the boys, that's all he does. Stay at home with the boys. He doesn't do housework, no ma'am. Even though he did say he could do the laundry, he did such a poor job at it that I have resorted to doing them at night and hanging them out in the morning before going to work. So far, my routine would be:

                       1- Wake up, take a bath and pray Subh (6.30 - 7.00am)
                       2- Hang washed clothes/do dishes (7.00 - 7.20am)
                       3- Make breakfast or not (7.20 - 7.40am) <---- this part depends on whether or not Nazrin  
                           is up since he is usually hungry in the mornings, if he is still asleep then I'd just drink Nescafe
                       4- Heads out to work.

Then, in the evening after arriving from work:

                      1- Assess the situation at home; wash dishes/sweep the floor/pick up toys (5.40 - 6.20pm)
                      2- Play with the boys or just watch BabyTV with them (6.20 - 6.40pm)
                      3- Take a bath and perform Asar prayer
                      4- Give the boys their bath
                      5- Depending on the situation, at night I'd fold the laundry/iron my clothes/cook
                      6- Go to sleep.

Currently, my work at my new job has been pretty simple and easy. And with the boss being out most of the time, we've been keeping it cool at the office; FB'ing, listening to the radio and blogwalking while performing our clerical duties. Thanks Boss!

Well, will update more as the time goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment