Sunday, January 1, 2012

One word to describe 2011.

I wrote a similar post last year, about 2010.

This year, the word would be; THANKFUL.

I wanted to write about this last night as my way of celebrating the new year but the boys had other things in mind. And since this not a good time to be writing either (they are always bugging me about something *sigh*), I'll make this into points,

1- I'm thankful for being alive for 1 more year. To be able to watch my boys grow into the unique individuals they are today.

2- I'm thankful for the writing class I took last year. It made me realized that I still need to learn more about writing in general and the English language in particular.

3- I'm thankful for the references and the recommendations from friends that have helped my little writing service grow. I think I'm going to promote myself as a technical writer from now on, since I don't know what else to call my service.

4- I'm thankful for the 2-month chance at being a working mom. Even though the pay was low, I had fun learning new skills and making new friends.

5- I'm especially thankful for this unplanned pregnancy that came right after I quit my job. Come to think of it, my pregnancy with Nazrin wasn't planned either since we didn't take any family planning medications, same as this time. However, I can't wait to hold this baby come April, insya ALLAH.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do want to share something else here, things that happened last Thursday (29/12/11).

Morning
That Thursday morning, I went for my scheduled check-up and an ultrasound scan at our local clinic. Had the usual weigh-in, blood pressure and urine tested which were in the normal range, alhamdulillah. Then, I was directed to the doctor's room for my scan. At first, the doctor measured the baby's length, width and head circumference to check its progress. Thank GOD it was well in the normal range, as oppose to its brothers who were underweight while in the womb. Then, the doctor turned the monitor over so that I can see too.

At the sight of my baby growing in me, I squealed with delight! Ahaha..even the doctor was shocked when I suddenly did that. Who would have thought that even after going through 2 pregnancies, I'd still overreact upon seeing this miracle in me. Unfortunately, this baby has followed in its brothers footsteps whereby we were only given its backside, so I don't know its gender yet. No matter. I would love it just the same, be it a boy or a girl.  

Evening
That evening, Shahrin invited our neighbors' children (a boy and a girl) over to play as I didn't want him to play outside since he'd already bathed. I gave them 3 sets of jigsaw puzzles given to us by one of the children's mother 2 weeks before. The girl (8y.o.) who came immediately recognized them as her brother's sets (they gave us a lot of sets that they were initially going to burn after they had a spring-clean recently) and told Shahrin not to show them to her brother as he is very possessive about his belongings. As they played, I stayed in my room folding laundry while keeping my ears open to their conversations.

Not long afterwards, as it was getting dark, the girl kept saying that she needed to get home soon since her brother (9y.o.) didn't like it when she left him alone for long. (Apparently, he's possessive about his sister too. He's always bossing her around and making her do things his way). What really broke my heart was when she told Shahrin that her brother didn't want her to play with Shahrin anymore. I never said a word while she was talking to Shahrin but just cried softly in my room. Although I doubt that Shahrin really understood what she meant by her little remark, my heart ached for my son. I've forgotten how cruel kids can be even at such a young age.

Then, as they were talking some more, Shahrin said something that made me laugh even after my tears just minutes before. He said that when he's older, he's going to MARRY ME! Ahahhaa..isn't that hilarious? This one I had to intervened so I went out to the living room where they were playing and told Shahrin that he cannot marry me since I'm already married to his father. I also told him that by the time he's older, I would be too old for him anyway. LOL. Then, the boy and girl decided to leave since it was nearly Maghrib, so I was quite relieved to see them go.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's about sums up my last year's stories. Hopefully this year will be brighter with another baby and better for all of us.

HAPPY 2012 everybody!

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR MY DEAR FRIEND!

    Glad to know that everything goes well with the pregnancy. Do keep me updated with the baby's gender ok. Can't wait! :)) Yay for April baby...

    In conjunction with your one word 'thankful', free2 tu tengoklah video ni:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei1a203c2mM
    (Kalau tak dpt, cari kat youtube, video Dr Asri bertajuk Jangan Bersedih, Sesungguhnya Allah Bersama Kita) - kata-kata dia ttg maksud "Thankful" sangat mendalam untuk kita renungkan..

    Hope that this year brings more joy, happiness, great health & wealth for all of us. Take care, great times ahead! xx - Cik Aussie celup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello miss Aussie,
    Don't use anonymous credential. I'm the only anonymous here. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Errr...do you guys know each other? I do know miss aussie celup though..HAI BEB!!! Bila blk cni eh? tak sabaq nak jumpa hg hehehe

    to the other Anon, alaaa pls la reveal urself hehe

    ReplyDelete