Friday, December 31, 2010

One word to describe 2010?

I got the inspiration after reading Cecily's blog at Uppercase Woman.

I think my word would be FREEDOM.

At the beginning of the year, my husband and I were busy going from one night market to another for our bundle business. We'd be spending most of our time outside the house, which was a blessing in disguise for me, at least. But it was a tiring life, especially after we have Nazrin. Then, hubby decided to quite the business and go back to his old job, driving trailers.

So, we traded in our van for a used-car and that was my 2nd freedom. Being able to drive myself anywhere (with hubby's permission, off course) without having to wait/depend on him is quite liberating. I could even visit my sisters in KL this year, which was unthinkable last year, since hubby doesn't really want to take to much time away from the business. This year alone, I've driven back home to Alor Star, went shopping with the boys, and most recently, went to The Lost World Tambun, and spent 2 days with my sister & her family. I feel like I'm in touch with my family again. *sigh*

My 3rd freedom is when Shahrin is of to TASKA for 4 hours, 5 days a week. Don't judge, ok? I love my son but a few hours away from him is very, VERY good for my mental status, ok. Plus, I get to spend that time bonding with Nazrin and have some ME time. Heheh. During this school holiday, all Shahrin ever do is watch cartoon all day and pick fights with me and his brother. I've lost count of the number of time I have to be referee, judge, police and the person to snuggle with, whenever the boys get into fights over toys, TV/Astro remote (typically boys!) and *me*. I'm looking forward to Monday, next week, when his pre-school starts as usual. At least, he'll get to develop better social skills and learn something new everyday.

My broadband connection would be my 4th freedom. I am L.O.V.I.N.G. my internet connection! and I don't care that I have to spend RM68 every month for it. Since getting connected (I used to have to go to Cyber Cafes if I need to go online), I'm almost always on Facebook, looking up friends and family members, I've maintained this blog, though not as often as I'd like, I've been getting translation jobs and feeling less disconnected. A small price to pay for being able to stay in touch with everybody.

What's that?

What's my 1st freedom?

Well, it's for me to know and for you to wonder. Sorry, this is to protect 'my' privacy, though, maybe it's pointless since I know there are possibilities of certain individuals figuring out what it is anyway.

So, I'm really looking forward to 2011. Hopefully, it will be a greater year than this one, with me learning more about myself. By the way, I've registered for the English for Business Writing class at USM and on Monday, I'll either get my class schedule or have to re-register for the class at main campus. They've informed me that during registration, only 4 students have registered so far and they need at least 6 students to start a class. I already have a babysitter for Nazrin, for the days when I do have classes to attend, while Shahrin will be at his pre-school, so, I think I'm set on that matter.

I'm keeping fingers and toes cross for the class to be offered this semester. I think I miss being in a class, with similar minded people and going places, without babies on either hand. :p

BRING IT ON 2011!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment