Monday, December 27, 2010

A warning? A reminder? what? what?

Last night hubby took us shopping at Tesco. The shopping event itself was pretty normal, if you count cranky, sleepy, snotty 1.5 years old as a normal part of your everyday life, heheh.

Anyway, we were nearly finished with our grocery shopping when Nazrin really acted up, since by that time, it was waaayyy past his bedtime. So, as we head towards the check-out counter, I told hubby to wait for me at our car because I have to nurse Nazrin before he really blows a gasket.

Left hubby and Shahrin at the counter to pay up and I headed towards the musolla for a bit of privacy while I nurse Nazrin.

There was a lady there, just finishing her Isya' prayer. I didn't pay her any attention at all because I have a major containment issue at hand, hint: Nazrin. But as Nazrin was finally happy nursing, I noticed that the lady was staring at us, with a dreamy, faraway look on her face. I smiled and said, "He couldn't wait till we finished shopping, had to make a quick stop here before heading home."

To which she said, "He looks so cute, I was just thinking about my littlest one."
.
.
.
And promptly burst out crying!
.
.
I was like, was it something I said??

Turned out, that lady was going through a rough divorce. She have 3 children of her own but her ex-husband wanted to keep them all. Since she didn't have the money to hire a divorce attorney, she couldn't fight him for them. That wasn't all, her husband divorced her because he has finally found his true-love and wanted to marry her (who was in her teens by the way). The lady I was talking to was his mother's choice, so, they were literally an arranged-marriage couple.

She said he didn't even feel guilty about leaving her, childless and a divorcee too, just because he found someone else. And they have been married for quite a long time. As a mother and a wife, I feel for her. It seems unfair for her to be dealing with 2 major heartbreaks at once. I think, being divorced is hard enough, but to be separated from all her children? No wonder she burst out after watching me nurse Nazrin.

Our conversation didn't last long though. She managed to compose herself and tried to lighten the mood by telling me her plans of opening her own restaurant. She's been working at the food court for 2 years and has learned enough to try and make it on her own. Then, we parted ways, she headed towards her and Nazrin and I went to the parking lots.

As I walked towards our car and saw hubby waiting for us inside, I felt tears stinging my eyes. I remembered my own heartbreak when my parents were against our relationship at first. At that time, I thought being told by my parents that he can never be my husband was painful enough. I was wrong. After becoming his wife, there are other possible heartbreaks that could happen to me. Marriage in real life is never like Cinderella's story: And they live happily ever after. I pray to GOD that I may never feel the pain of that lady. Though my heart goes to her. May GOD grant her the strength and wisdom to get through her ordeal.

3 comments:

  1. Tats sad... I've had an encounter like that too.. with a woman who was in an abusive relationship aka domestic violence, (she thought that was just part & parcel of a marriage.. can u believe that?! But can't really blame her as she had minor access to knowing about her rights at that time) Luckily she was out of the relationship and started to educate herself better... hmm make you wonder how many more are going through something like this aye? -AINA-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl, you're sounding like an Aussie already :D

    yups, sedih betui aku tgk dia..teresak2 nangis sbb teringat anak dia, part tu yg sentap sgt tu, tp lepas nangis tu, sibbaik dia cam ok blk, leh gelak2 cerita psl nak buat pinjaman nak bukak kedai, at least her spirit wasn't terribly broken, & if you've been watching Oprah like I do, u'd know there really are many more living in violence but too afraid to get out..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe Aussie celup! :P

    wehhh why don't u put up your blog link kat fb everytime u update it? nti lebih ramai boleh baca & respond.. or just copy paste ur post kat notes fb. easier to komen too.. tgk, aku terpaksa komen under anon coz my google account doesn't want to cooperate (and this is not the 1st time tau!)

    i'm not really into oprah. i'm more of helen. she's more fun :)

    AINA

    ReplyDelete