Friday, December 24, 2010

Bummer!

Last night I made plans with an ex-schoolmate on FB, to meet today.
I haven't seen her in a very long time and there was supposed to be another long-lost friend coming too.

We planned to have a mini gathering at the new McD Kulim because she lives in Kulim and I do know how to get there. We agreed to meet around 5pm since the other friend (she'll be flying back to Sarawak soon since she's been posted there as a teacher) who is coming has prior engagement in the afternoon. I was so looking forward to this day.

I had a busy day today, finishing chores as fast as I could, so that the boys and I could start on our journey around 3pm in order to be in Kulim at 5pm. I had everything all planned out.

Alas.

It was not meant to be. I couldn't attend the gathering due to car problem; my car's battery went dead on me. HUHHUUHUUU

Luckily, it happened at a petrol station not far from home or I would've been in BIG trouble.
As we started on our journey around 3.15pm, I noticed that the gas gauge was at half-empty. So, like the responsible driver that I am, I stopped at the nearest petrol station to fill it up. Unfortunately, when I tried to start the car afterward, it wouldn't. I kept trying and trying but it didn't catch.

Called hubby to ask him to call the mechanic, but he sent over his father instead. Well, help is help, so, my FIL switched our car's battery with his, after failing to jump-start it using his jumper cable. Our car is automatic so we couldn't do the push-the-car-while-in-1st-gear-and-start-it technique and his is a manual, so it was logical to switch batteries.

Long story short, my hopes of having a great time with my long lost friends have been denied. *sigh* Hopefully, I can still meet my friend who lives in Kulim one of these days.

2 comments:

  1. anisssss... bulan 3 kita jumpa ekkk.. yatot handle... kita jumpa ramai2.. insyaAllah.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wei nanu..bln 3 ni hg blk lama ka? seminggu cuti tu hg ada cni? orait arr tu..sapa lg yg join nnt? tak sabaq aku..

    masuk bln 3 ni aku kena check keta betui2 seminggu sblm cuti sekolah arrr..hahahah

    ReplyDelete