Thursday, July 22, 2010

The verdicts are in!

Edited to add: Damn!! Couldn't upload my pictures here! Will try again tomorrow.

Okey people, here's the low down on my Chocolate Raya.

I just got the shipment for my samples and as a chocolate LOVER*, I just haaddd to taste them right away. I ripped apart the sticky tape with glee and dug right in.

I started with the marshmallow. It's soft, it melts in your mouth and the sweetness is just subtle, so for sugar level conscious people, you don't have to worry. I don't think they'll cause you any trouble, unless if you eat them all in one sitting. Heh. If only I have a can of coco powder, I could make myself some hot chocolate, dump the marshmallow and enjoy watching CSI**, yum.

After that, I went after the sandwich marshmallow. Oh, they were a lot sweeter than the marshmallows. Huge chunks with sugar sprinkles and three different flavor. I did my sweet teeth a favor by only eating three of them, each for every flavor.

Then I had a hard time choosing between the chocolate coated almonds and rice crispies. Both looks so crunchy and chocolate-y. So, I closed my eyes and just grab one, it was the almond. Man, it was delicious! The almonds were in pieces and covered in chocolate. I kind of regret just munching it when I should take small bites, experience the crunchiness and suck in the taste of rich, dark chocolate. HEAVEN!!

The rice crispy was ok, big crispies coated in the same rich chocolate. It didn't quite leave such a big impression compared to the almonds.

Same goes for the cornflakes. After the almond, it didn't hit the spot. But the supplier does offer two kinds of chocolate dip, white or regular. I got the white chocolate. It was good enough to satisfy my sweet tooth.

I saved the dates for last because I really don't like dates. However, for dates lover, you should be flipping over these babies coz they are BIG! And covered in chocolates! Have I mention just how rich the chocolate is? With the white wriggly line on top. Kind of made me forget the date inside. It was juicy and meaty and just one sample makes me regret not liking dates.

Well, folks. These are the honest to goodness reviews for my Chocolate Raya. Please let me know if you are interested in buying these babies.

* I am a self proclaimed chocolate lover but even I couldn't eat 5 - 6 Mars bars in one sitting like the lady in The Biggest Loser Australia claimed. Man, she really packed them in, didn't she?

** Just finished watching AXN's CSI. Did Ray Langston*** just got stabbed?! With a broken frame?! By a nutcase? Whose briliant, by the way. I love his character in Heroes. He (Nate Haskell, the character in CSI) can really give Hannibal Lecter a run for his money.

*** He can never replace Grissom. I really LOVE Grissom's quiet confidence and intellect. He is always calm and collected and very perceptive. Not at all live Horatio, but I'm running of the path here. Heh.

4 comments:

  1. Alooo.. tadi baru je comment.. mane ilang?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lari mengejar coklat raya yg makin berkurangan.. alamat tak sempat wat sample la heheh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kak Anis.. sy pose la arini. Mcm tak leh gi je (segan pun ade sbnrnye).. tp nak rase choc kak Anis tu.. camne ye?

    ReplyDelete
  4. mgu dpn sampai la order k.anis, nnt kalau k.anis nak pi sana hantaq coklat raya kat Jiah, k.anis bgtau ayu ok..

    ReplyDelete