Wednesday, August 11, 2010

As promised..

I promised I'd do this post, but sorry it took me so long, just couldn't find the time to blog. *sigh*

1. Raya chocolate sales.
Last week a friend who is helping me sell my chocolates ordered 2 containers of chocolate almonds. So, I went there to give them to her while at the same time picking up my order for cupcakes from another friend. I ordered the cupcakes for Shahrin's birthday 'party' to be held at his daycare center. I made that order because I know that I'm going to get paid for my almonds. And it was a great feeling, buying something for my son with money that I earned. Although it was a little too early to 'celebrate' my first sale, I just felt good about it. I've made a few more sales this past week but the buzz from the first sale is hard to live up to, heh. Now that Ramadhan is here, I'll finally be able to implement my plan for direct selling. Wish me luck.

2. Shahrin's birthday party.
I took some pictures of the cupcakes I bought for his party but they're still in my handphone. I haven't had the time to transfer them to my computer yet, so you'll just have to be patient, ok. I'll post them as soon as Shahrin is at daycare and Nazrin is taking his nap.

3. The 'Stay at home Mum' status.
My mother is still on my case about this status. I never really consciously made the decision to be a SAHM. It just happened. I was in the midst of completing my MSc when I found out that I was pregnant. Then, I had an early delivery at 33 weeks gestation, which means Shahrin was born premature. He was put under observation and had some complications. I managed to finish my thesis amid the hospital visits, the traditional medicine my father sought, Shahrin's constipation problem and moving in with my hubby's mother. Life was crazy in that 2 earlier years with completing my study, coping with Shahrin's medical problem and TB*. After I finally finished MSc, it felt like a HUGE burden of my shoulder. Then came the long wait for job interviews, which sadly were non existence even after I had sent out lots of application to various universities and colleges. While waiting, I basically just went with hubby wherever he goes for his bundle sales. It was hard at first but the night market life just rub off on me and I grew to like going out on these trips because I get to meet a lot of people as well as mingle with the other night marketers.
So, it wasn't my intention to stay home and take care of my child but it was more kind of going with what life has given me. I have been given the opportunity to care for my children and although at times I feel like going crazy, it has been a blessing. The only downside to our current situation is that we are financially unstable. My parents have stepped in and given me monthly allowance (oh the shame!) for me and the boys, to buy groceries and stuff while hubby's paycheck goes to pay the bills. When I first got the Maxis broadband, I thought I could easily find work online and our money problem would be over. However, I am learning that even online opportunities doesn't go boom overnight. I am trying to be patient and be more creative about my searches, hopefully my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow will materialize soon.

4. Normy bluweekk duduk no.4 sebab kalau letak nombor 1 takut orang tak nak baca blog ni dah, hehe.

2 comments: