Thursday, August 12, 2010

The power of the internet.

I had an early night last night.

At first, it was business as usual; getting online after dinner and when the boys have hit the sack. But just as I was reading the article on ReadBud, Shahrin called. He wanted a cuddle so that he can go back to sleep, so I laid down beside him and gave him a back rub.

The next thing I remembered was hearing chicken crowing in the distance. So, I got up believing that it was still early and nearly time for 'sahur'. As I headed out of the bedroom towards the bathroom, I saw the clock on our Astro decoder. Oh My GOD!

Guess what? It was already 6.30 am, not 4.30 am. I woke up too late, Sahur was already over. :(

So, with a heavy heart, I prayed my Subuh prayer, woke Shahrin and Nazrin up and gave them a bath. Made breakfast for them and got them ready for the day. During all that time, I kept thinking I should just take a bite and not fast today since I didn't have sahur, but luckily I didn't.

After sending Shahrin to his daycare, I came home and tried to do some housework but my heart was not in it. So, I went online and read a friend's blog.

She posted about Ramadhan and about fasting for a full month last year. And I remembered that I managed to fast the whole month of Ramdhan last year too. So, I made up my mind to fast today, even without having sahur. Thank GOD I did because at 7.33 this evening, I got to break my fast and completed my 2nd fasting for this year. Alhamdulillah.

Lesson of the day: when in doubt, go online, you never know what inspiration you can find that day!

Thanks Adik for that post! You saved my fasting.

2 comments:

  1. Whoaaa!! Kalau entry orang boleh bagi inspiration and passion to kak anis, ur entry boleh make me smile all the day tawwwww..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aawwwwwwwww...thanks..tp betui tau adik, sblm baca blog adik tu, mmg rasa cam nak geledah peti ais ja, tp bila tringat thn lps boleh puasa penuh, thn ni pun nak penuh gak! Caiyok! heheh

    ReplyDelete