Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Random thoughts for the day. #2

I used to be a firm believer of the adage "IGNORANCE IS BLISS"

Truthfully, I still do sometimes.

Not knowing gives me a sense of security over things I don't have any control over. I mean, why worry about something that's still so far in the future? Or suffer a headache over small matters like Shahrin's stained teeth due to lack of brushing? Well, that last part was preventable but, you get my point, right?

Some people may have a plan for every aspect of their life, from work to personal to mundane everyday routine. Me? I just roll with what ever strikes my fancy for that moment. I might be industrious one day and a complete cough potato the next day.

However, I am also discovering that ignorance can bring trouble too. Not knowing can prevent you from taking the appropriate action to rectify the problem. Not knowing can also make you feel helpless and vulnerable. Like the way I am feeling now. I don't know what my future will be like and based on my current situation, it doesn't look good. The problem is, I don't know what to do.

"You need to know who you were to find out where you are going"
(a snippet from Heroes)
"Forget the past, look forward to the future"
(not sure where I heard this one, though)

These two sayings practically contradict each other. And I am guilty of doing the former a lot. I keep thinking of my past achievements, past success and confidence which have deserted me of late. I can't let go of the past and I don't know what to do about the future. I don't know how to use my past to help my future.

I need help. I need to change.



No comments:

Post a Comment