Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Giddy with excitement over these...


(a) (b)

TADAAAAA!!!

Okay, sorry about giving you a crick in the neck but I really don't know how to flip these over. I've tried doing it in Paint but the image got to large to manipulate and I don't have any other programs to work with. I'm not so computer savvy *sigh*

Well, picture (a) is my old glasses. It was the cheapest glasses I have ever owned, only RM60. It was a packaged deal for students as offered by the optometrist. I got it nearly 4 years ago, well, the plastic lenses that is, the frames were changed a year and a half ago because of the same problem. The handle got broken, the last one was by Shahrin and this one was by Nazrin. I only wear glasses at night, after putting my contact lenses away after taking my bath. I hate wearing glasses. I hate the way they fog up after you come out of an air-conditioned space or if you are sweating a lot, I hate the pressure on the bridge of my nose, I just hate them. Thank GOD for contacts.

Anyway, since I can't wear contacts all day long (wish I could but my eyes would get very tired if I continue to wear them past 12 hours), I needed a new pair of glasses. So, yesterday, I went to my optometrist and got (b). They are a bit pricey*, RM130, frames and all. I've never had large frames before, in fact I always go for the thin frames like in (a). But there's always a first time for anything, right? While I was trying to choose the frames, my eyes kept coming back to the frames in (b). Something about the color and the dash of white really grabbed me. So, I tried it on, while mentally trying to overlook the price and fell in love with them. Since Hubby got himself a pair of Raybands last month, I figured it's my turn to splurge a little.

The optometrist told me he could get it done by 6pm, so I waited at home, patiently. At 6.05pm, I was already at the store, hands sweaty, eagerly waiting to get a hold on my new glasses. Came home and quickly put them on after putting my contacts away for the night. OMG, after trying them, I just couldn't stop showing them off and there were only Shahrin and Nazrin around! Haha! Even Shahrin got excited over them, after seeing his mother going completely bonkers, prancing around the house in her new glasses. Shameless, me. Hehehe.

*Like I said, I hate glasses and would prefer going for a Lasic treatment if I could afford one. I only wear them at night, thus the feeling of throwing money away over pricey glasses. However, needless to say, I don't regret buying (b) yesterday. Felt good to own something that I love right away.

2 comments:

  1. Snap la pic kak anis dengan spek baru ni....

    ReplyDelete
  2. nnt la tgu adik mai cni, ble tgk sendiri..bila nak blk cni lg? call la, nak jumpa Tuah

    ReplyDelete