Sunday, October 10, 2010

My first ever contest entry!

Gin & Jacqie Contest - Win a Sleek Joanne Laptop Bag!


This would be my first contest entry in blogosphere.
It is brought to you by Gin & Jacqie and Mom Bloggers Planet.
I almost did not want to join because;

#1- The competition is hot! I checked out the other entries and theirs' are
way better than mine, with pictures and links and pretty colorful fonts
and what nots. Mine would be boring and bleegh!

#2- As I was copying and editing my entry (about 2 hours ago), suddenly my
screen went blank! Dang! I forgot I was on battery mode!
Almost, ALMOST, didn't want to go through all this again
if not for these babies.

THE TWO BAGS I'M DROOLING OVER!

SIMPLE ALICIA

Oh how I drool just looking at this beauty. I love the color, the pattern and the additional changing mat. If I knew this bag existed 4 years ago, my life would have been smooth sailing, with regards to Shahrin off course. I used to lug around a granny's bag; black cotton with very little detailing, that has fallen apart 2 years ago due to excessive usage. I used it to put Shahrin's diapers, formula, change of clothes, baby wipes as well as my stuff. It was practical but not so attractive.

Now this bag here, it suits my style very well. I don't like loud prints or too much detailing, that was why I used the granny bag. I love this solid cyan color very much. The large compartment can easily hold more stuff compared to the bag I have now. And since I now have 2 boys instead of just one, Alicia can come in handy indeed. Check out its description here.


SASSY ANISH

I love the name! It coincides with mine, minus the H and I sure would like to be sassier! If I have this bag, I would work it like I mean it! Heheh! My laptop would love being stored in this slick baby. It has lots of room for not just the laptop but for other things as well. For me, this bag would be perfect since I can just use this one to store everything; purse, handphone, keys etc including the laptop and not have to carry a handbag. Neat!

Again, the simple design is what clicked the deal for me. I really prefer the no-nonsense kind of bags as oppose to loud prints and chains and embellishments. Nothing against those bags, because the bags at Gin & Jacqie's are just marvelous but they're just not my style. I love the strips and hopefully the vertical lines can make me look slimmer while I'm carrying the bag. Check out more here.


WHY MOMS SHOULD GET BAGS FROM GIN & JACQIE

Personally, I would love to win these two bags because they are what I need right now. They are necessities plus a heart's desire. Apart from that, I have never owned a designer-anything. Winning/owning a bag like these from Gin & Jacqie would really boost my self-confidence and image. I may be young (heh) but I look and act old. Wish someone would nominate me for a make over with Watsons. *wink wink*

Maybe other mommies out there, especially stay-at-home-moms like me could really benefit from owning sleek, stylish and affordable bags such as the bags available from Gin & Jacqie. We may not have too many opportunities to show them off but at least the few times we do, we can go out in style and be envied by other mommies out there.

p/s: If the entries are based on creativity, looks and attractiveness, then I can kiss the prizes goodbye. At least I've tried, right? That's better than giving up without a fight.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I joined the contest too. Hope you can follow me on my blog through network blog. I've followes yours. :)

    http://simplestuffs.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy,

    Thanks for following my blog, hope you like what you read, though I have to warn you, it's pretty much like a diary; rants, sweet moments, a little self pity, the usual stuff, hehe.

    Your blog is very nice and informative. I like your stories on EBM and co-sleeping. Though I don't know how to follow your blog. I'm not very IT savvy :p

    Let me know how to & I'll definitely follow u.

    ReplyDelete