Friday, October 1, 2010

More about the Oprah Show.

Really, she should be paying me for giving her so much coverage. Not. Haha.

Anyway, anybody whose been reading my blog would know that I love, love, LOVE Oprah. She & her team are just marvelous, they come up with the best topics there is, topics that I don't even know exists, let alone have 'experts' studying them.

So far, I have learned 4 valuable lessons from watching her show. Although there are a lot more lessons to be learned, I am emphasizing on these 4 in connection to my current situation.

Here they are:

LESSON 1: PAY YOURSELF FIRST

Ideally, according to Suze Orman on Oprah, here and here, I should have at least 6-8 month worth of living expenses in an emergency cash fund. This account is untouchable, it is meant to be used only in emergencies. Then, another 20% of your pay should go into another savings account. This is THE account you should be paying yourself every time you get paid. If you get bonuses or inherited some money (Haa..) then, that money should go in here after you've settled your bills or mortgage or whatever.

LESSON 2: CREATE YOUR OWN HAPPINESS

Happiness comes from within. You have to find what it is that makes you happy. Not just the fake smile for a neighbor or a rushed laugh over a lame joke. You really have to look deep within yourself to discover your true idea of happiness.
I have yet to find that. I mean, I am quite happy now but.... You see? That 'but' is the thing that's keeping you from being deliriously happy. I have not been able to find out my happy button and I still can't figure out my 'but' snooze button. It's driving me crazy!

LESSON 3: VISUALIZE

Oprah talked to a lot of successful people who stated that they VISUALIZE their success and stick to it no matter what or how long it takes. Oprah also talked about vision boards, where you can make a list of things you want or dreams you wish for and put it up on the vision board. This serves as a motivation for you as well as connecting with the positive energy of your environment. This has something to do with the law of attraction. I think I have not yet attracted anything or anyone who can really help me find the way out of this rut I'm currently in, even after I've put it out there, so to speak.

LESSON 4: BE PASSIONATE

Well, I think this point goes hand in hand with visualizing your dreams. When you already know what you what and how to get it, off course you'll be passionate about it, right?

So, I'm gonna hit the sack now, hoping that my 'dreams' will at least be sweet tonight. Get it, 'sweet dreams'? Heh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, this is totally unrelated to the above post but I just had to let it out.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE TIFFANY on the show Top Chef on Diva Universal, Astro.

I have met too many Tiffanys in my days and I absolutely hate the way she was cocky, arrogant, so full of herself, and don't forget, snaky (SSSssssss, quoting Miguel). I started watching the show when it was already into its 5th elimination session. However, the minute I saw Tiffany and how she went on and on about this and that, I immediately hate her. I hated Stephen too but at least he was more laid back while she was in-your-face kind of cocky. Well, that's just my 2 cents.


No comments:

Post a Comment