Thursday, October 21, 2010

Simple pleasures.

Yesterday evening, Hubby called to say we could go shopping since he'd be coming home after finishing his work. We needed to buy Shahrin a pair of sneakers for his Day Care Center's Picture Day, which is today. He was really excited about buying another pair of new shoes (we'd bought him a sandal for Eid Fitri) and couldn't sit still. By the time Hubby got home, which was around 7pm, I was at the limit of my patience with Shahrin. He wouldn't stop asking when his father is coming home because, "I want to buy a new shoe NOW!". He jumped up and down, ran here and there and was basically being a cranky 4 year old.

On the way to Parit Buntar, he kept asking, "Are we there yet?" till Hubby scolded him. That got his attention, so the rest of the journey was pretty quite. Upon arrival at the parking space near the bus station and seeing the shops there, he started doing it again. Heh.

We went to just 2 stores and finally decided on this pair:

Shahrin picked this one over a red and orange stripped BUM shoes. It looks sporty enough for a child and not too much detailing, which I love. Shahrin loves it too and that is all that matters to us. He carried it himself and couldn't stop talking about it. As we were leaving the shop, I saw these and decided Nazrin needs a new pair of shoes too:

They are super CUTE! But Nazrin was sleeping while we shopped, so we just carefully fitted them on his feet. We bought them without bothering to check out other choices. And look, it fits into my palm perfectly. CUTE!!!!

This morning, upon waking up and forgoing his usual breakfast of a bottle of formula, Shahrin asked for his new shoes. I practically had to hide it from him till both of them were all dressed up and ready. Shahrin didn't want any help, neither did Nazrin, even though he only saw his new shoes this morning. They were both so excited about their shoes and it made me so happy to see them happy. They ran around in the house, playing pee-ka-boo and showing of their shoes to me while I got ready. So, enjoy these pictures! I hope they could convey the joy and happiness shining through from my boys to you, as I saw them this morning.





Shahrin in his brand new uniform.

I do have something to complain about today though; we registered Shahrin in Jun, that's already half-way through the school year, right? So I asked the owner's daughter (she handled students' registration at that center, they have 4 btw) if we would need to buy a uniform for him because we are planning on registering him to pre-school next year, so buying a uniform for the day care center would be pointless in 7 months anyway. She said it would be okay for him to just wear his everyday clothes when at the center. So, I thought, well lucky for us for not having to dish out RM30 for a uniform. Then last week, his teachers told me that they would be organizing a Convocation Day for the 6 y.o in November and that all students would be involved. They are also required to wear their uniform. At the time they told me that, I figured, well, maybe I can borrow one from his friend or maybe I could rent it from the center. Then, on Friday last week, I was told that there's going to be a picture day on Thursday of this week (today) . On Monday I asked if one of his friends can lend him a uniform. Only one friend was about his size but the boy's mother told his teacher that he only has one uniform. So, I asked if I could rent a uniform but that request was also turned down. So, since I have no other choice, I paid up RM30 and got him a size S uniform. What really bug me is the fact that if someone from that center had informed me earlier of their Picture &Convo Day, I wouldn't have wasted my money on a uniform that's only going to be worn till end of next month. If they had told me from the start, at least Shahrin would have the chance to wear it for 6 month and not just 2. What a lousy management!

No comments:

Post a Comment