Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gibberish? Noo....

Only Ibu would understand what it is Nazrin is talking about, because I practically spend 24/7 with him. So, let's decipher his current gibber, shall we?

1- Ak de-de = Up (stepping up) and down (stepping down)
2- Nak tik = nak sikit/nasi/roti (ikut apa yang ada) <-- Malay for "want some"
3- Jom adi = jom mandi <-- Malay for "let's take a bath"
4- Nak a-i = nak air <-- Malay for "want some water"
5- Tut-tut = kasut <-- shoes
6- Woo-woo = the big black dog that's terrorizing our space

There's a lot more but I just could not think of anymore, dang! I know I should have written them down somewhere after he said them.

Well I'll save those for later then, now a little bit more about Nazrin's progress.

1. He understands simple commands like sit down, over there, NO!, enough etc.
2. He loves to dance to music. You should see him wiggle his butt while the Hot Dog Dance (from the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show) is playing on TV.
3. At first I didn't understand what he was doing but as he kept doing it, then it hit me, he was imitating the Little Einsteins! What he does is pat his knees while saying "Dadadada" and looks at me expectantly, as if waiting for me to provide him with the next step to the "Rocket's Blast Off' routine. The routine goes, Leo the leader would pat his thigh to give Rocket 'the power to blast off' and then say 'now raise your arms as high as you can and BLAST OFF!' while shaking his whole body. So, we've been doing these a lot lately, since he'd suddenly sit down and pat his knees, looks at me expectantly and waits for me to say the whole routine, heh.
4. At the word "Jom" <-- let's go in Malay, he'd grab one of my hijabs* from the hanger and hand it over to me, then run to the front door to grab his shoes. How cute is that?
5. If he doesn't get what he wants, he would run away from me while wailing as loud as he can, do an about turn, runs back towards me and stop. If I still say no, he'd do it all over again. He used to throw himself on the floor, a good 'Stop, drop and roll' example and waited till I come and get him. After being repeatedly ignored when he pull this trick, he'd taken the new approach. I'm just gonna wait and see how long this trick will last. Heh.

*I always wear my hijab when I have to go outside. I think after watching me put it on everytime I say "Jom" to him, he has associated the word to the hijab. So clever, that boy of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment