Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Wish List Part 2.

I initially wanted to post this as a continuance of the story I read about Dr. Tererai Trent. It's about my own experience with 'wish lists'.

When I finally began accepting the fact that I am ready for L.O.V.E., I had a 'loose' wish list of the things I want in a boyfriend (well, I was still young when I began thinking about relationships, so marriage was not in the equation yet). It was just some of the things I thought would be nice to have in someone.

I wanted:

1- A guy who looks like Brad Pit. Seriously! Well, okay, maybe just having the jaw part would be nice because I know that they broke the mold after Brad, haha.

2- I love dimples, so a guy with dimples is a plus.

3- Nice looking eyes. They don't have to be bedroom-steamy-kind of eyes. Just the kind you can fall into while you are staring at each other.

4- 6-packs! Wooo wooo! Hot tamale train coming through!

5- Last but not least, someone who loves me for who I am, flabby belly and all.


Well, after a few false start and a couple of heart-breaks later, I gave up on finding love. The list had nothing to do with this. Circumstantial situations were not conducive for love back then, heheh. Anyway, thinking back, two of the guys I was really interested in and had friendly relationship with, have two things in common. They both have beautiful eyes and both are the quiet type. I personally approached one because he had such a strong impact on me but he honestly told me that he was not ready for love. He wanted to achieve his goal first. Last I heard, he is living the life he worked hard for and I am happy for him. The other one, I only admired from afar because he was already spoken for. I met these two guys at different stages of my life but they kind of epitome Mr. Right for me.

One day, I got one SMS from a stranger, wanting to make friends with me. Thinking that it was some prank played by a friend, I played along. You know, the usual; name? age? place? kind of introduction people usually use in chat-rooms. To cut a long story short, I finally found out that the stranger really was a stranger and not a friend and that he got my number from his friend who had mistakenly called my number a few month prior to him SMSing me.

By the by, we eventually meet after numerous SMS-es, and that 1st meeting was followed by more meetings, that eventually turned into dates. He has ALL the 5 criteria going on, except for the dimples, he only has one, on his left cheek. (Quick info: Shahrin has dimples on both cheeks while Nazrin follows in his father's cheek-step, hehe)



The stranger, now My hubby; has the strong, sharp jaw I love so much on Brad*, he has the quirky left-sided dimple, the smokey-sad eyes, abs as hard as rock** AND he loves me for me. Though I do feel like bashing him with a frying pan sometimes.

My Ahmad.


His most attractable feature is his eyes. He has such sad looking eyes. I always feel protective of him whenever I look at those smokey eyes. We never talk much while dating, but from his eyes, I could just sit there watching them for hours, wandering about his life, his thoughts, his dreams. Till today, whenever he is home, he would put his head in my lap and I would gently massage and caress his face, his eyes, always thinking, 'why do they look so sad', hoping to take away those sadness.

* I don't know why I love Brad Pit so much but I do know that he shares some similar features with Keanu Reeves, Johnny Depp, Matt Damon and Denzel Washington. Check out list #1, #3 and #4. Am I right?

**On our wedding night, I was officially introduced to his 6-pack abs. What a memory! I did told him of my list late into our relationship (I had a hard time believing his proclamation of love, even after a year of dating) and he began bragging about his abs. He even went as far as stating that he is better looking than Brad. Haha! He offered to show me his abs but since we were at KFC, I was spared the awkward moment of having to crush his ego by laughing at him. He is so scrawny and lanky, there is no way I'm going to believe he has a 6-pack. Now I do.


I pray that our love will last our lifetime, through bad and good moments, Amin. 1 4 3 Ahmad!

No comments:

Post a Comment