Monday, October 18, 2010

Novice crafter much?

I love going blog-hopping from one art/craft/DIY blog to another. Most of them have link-y parties where anyone who has done something can link to the host blog to be featured.

Some links showed how the blogger has revamped furniture by re-painting it or Mod Podge-ing it. Some link in their DIY projects: bedroom redo, seasonal decorations, sewing crafts etc. Everybody seems to be crafting and showing their labor of love on at the blog-link parties.

Last night, Shahrin and I did some crafting too :p

Jungle Junction Wannabes.

I don't think a tutorial is necessary, this is a very simple craft, you just need a sheet of hard plastic and fold it in half, then draw the desired animal character. Take a scissor and cut around the character, and TADAA!! Shahrin now has a Jungle Junction collectibles. I did an Ellyvan, a Zooter and a Bungo character since they are the simplest to draw.




Double decker school bus.

This one is a very mediocre attempt at crafting heheh. I took an empty box and let Shahrin colored in the windows and doors with black marker. Initially we taped four 50 cent coins at the bottom for wheels but I had to take them off since Nazrin could choke on them. I'm thinking of looking for four bottle caps, poke a hole through them and poke a stick through 2 each to make the wheels. Shahrin says this is a double decker school bus. He took it to school today and showed it off to his teachers. I'm glad I did these crafts though I wouldn't be linking this post to any parties. Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment