Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Great news!!!

Sorry for not being around for the past 4 days. We had to go back to my parents house from Saturday to Monday for Shahrin's post-op follow-up on Monday. I did brought back my lappy but the broadband connection there was crappy. Plus I didn't have time to blog since my father hogged my lappy, watching Sumeyye Eddeb reciting verses from The Quran (don't know how to place the YouTube video of her in here *sigh*).

Anyways, in the short 4 days, I have quite a lot of news to tell. Ready? Ok, let's so this hehe.

Great news #1
My father (Baba) bought me a Hewlett Packard notebook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yay Baba!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has been my mother's doing. Back when we had to stay in Alor Star during Shahrin's recovery, I said in passing, while drooling over a notebook/lappy advertisements in the local news paper, that wouldn't it be nice to have a new lappy? This current one is a Fujitsu P Series Lifebook, a hand-me-down from my younger sister Ateh. She gave it to me to use while I was completing my MSc since she wasn't using it then. I love this lappy because it's small, light and hasn't given me any trouble (not much). But as the saying goes, "Kecil tapak tangan, nyiru saya tadahkan" (Since my hands are small, I'll hold out a basket instead) hehehehehe. Unfortunately, the new lappy is with Ateh's husband for formatting. Baba had wanted to install Quran recitals in it but the salesperson said that they couldn't do so. That was why he gave it to my BIL, so that he can install it in for me. Can't wait to meet my new lappy but have to be patient due to great news #2.

Great News #2
My youngest brother is finally coming home for good in June.He has been studying at Vanderbilt University in the US of A since 4 years ago. He's finally graduated and will be landing at KLIA on 3rd of June 2011. My parents will be going there this weekend and pick him up. Then, they will travel back together and will come by here to give me my #1 great news, hehehehehheheheheh. This is because Ateh & her family lives in KL and my parents will be staying over at her house during this weekend.

Great News #3
Just this morning, my teacher's boss called me and asked me to join their English class at SoLLAT, USM. Since I am their RA (Research Assistant), I will have to be the replacement teacher should any of the project members couldn't teach. Apart from that, she also wanted to introduce me to her Uncle and discuss.....

MY NEW JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes! I have been employed by my boss's Uncle! This is the greatest news of all!!!!!!!!!!!
I start this coming Monday, from 8.15am to 5.00pm. I felt a bit rattled while doing the 'interview' since it has been ages since I last attended any. Can't believe I have a job now. Granted, it's only a clerical position but it's better than nothing at all, right?
Plus, I still get to keep my RA position with SoLLAT (School of Literature, Linguistics and Translation) where my boss (old boss) will call me if ever they need me.
Syukur, alhamdulillah. Hopefully, our financial situation will get better after this.

And I still have one more news to tell, about a new business venture I'll be taking part in but enough news for tonight. I'm saving this one when I have more to show.

Till later, folks!

2 comments:

  1. a lot of good news there anis. congratulations. semoga sentiasa murah rezeki. amiin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mokteh..insya ALLAH murah rezeki berkat doa kawan2 n family..

    ReplyDelete