Friday, May 20, 2011

Part 3: Felt cratfs I made!

Well, after proclaiming my eagerness to update my Crafting Craze projects, I went and slept very early last night. 10.30! I was already asleep by 10.30! Man...I must have been very tired, making all these crafts. Ahahkss..

 This is the latest one. I did it yesterday evening when the boys were 'busy' watching BabyTV on Astro. It was very easy to make and quite comforting. The lull of pushing and pulling the needle through the felt gave me a sense of control. I now understand how some people could say that cooking or sewing or craft-making soothes them. Although, personally, I don't think cooking can be relaxing since Malay type of cooking requires a lot of preparations. But that's just me heheh. 
 This key-chain is a very basic craft. I cut letters from a pink felt and sewed them onto a purple felt. The instruction called for just glue but I've had bad experiences with it, so that was why I had sewed my letters. I do think that doing that gave my letters some character. In case you are wondering, the little button at the bottom is a whale and I sewed him on too. Then, all I needed to do next was to back-stitch all around the purple felt. I did leave an opening for the stuffing/fiber to go in as well as to put the key-chain in. That was all. Now I have a personalized key-chain cum rocket. <---Shahrin took it and pretended that it's a rocket. *sigh* At least it was mine for about a minute. Heh.      
 These 2 loves were for Shahrin's pre-school teachers. I didn't know what to get them, so I thought these could be my first felt project. I mentioned in Part 2 that the starter kit came with instructions as well as cut-outs for the projects they had in the module. So, I used the love shapes to make these.
 
These are the finished project. As I said before, I do not trust glue, thus the untidy sewing lines along the edges of the loves. These I made into hand-phone straps, complete with tiny bells that rang every time the loves move. Cute, aren't they?










These are flowers I made 3 days ago, following the tutorial posted on Kedai Sus's blogshop. I bought the starter kit from them. The flowers are called Kemboja in Malay, but I don't know the name in English. I made these by making small circles and cutting off a small part from each circle. Then all I needed to do next was baste each petals, five of them, together and pulled the thread tight. When the form was just as I wanted it to be, I tied it of with a button. Then, I sewed the flowers onto my new sling-bag. On the left there is me, modelling my new bag with its new decorations. I'm loving this! Heh. 
Here they are, stuck on my bag. I deliberately made them unaligned for 'artistic' purposes. As if, heh. I had originally wanted to put one flower at the bottom right corner of the bag but since it was so easy to make, I made two. Then, since 2 flowers at the bottom corner looked awkward, I placed them at the top instead. All in all, I think they look better like this, right?

This one was made by tracing the flower shapes provided in the module onto different colored felts. The bottom 2 were of the same size while the upper part was smaller. All that was left was to stack them up and sew on a button. It was that simple. 

At the back here I glued on a safety pin. I know, I know, I hate glue but I was in a hurry while making this so I had to resort to using glue. I will sew the pin when I have the time. On the right is where I put this flower brooch. I love the pop of color on the brown-ness of the bag.




Well, that's all folks. The projects I've been making in the last week. I'm going to buy more felt and buttons and cute shapes. I have a business project coming up with felt crafts as the centerpiece. Got to go play housewife now. See you later!

1 comment:

  1. great projects! thanks for sharing your idea. *visiting from creation corner*

    ReplyDelete