Thursday, May 19, 2011

Part 2: Felt craft starter kit.

As promised, here's the second part of my Crafting Craze.
I've been wanting to do some sewing/crafting since forever. I know I love to sew, I just don't have the time and the machine to do that. Excuses much? Maybe. Or maybe because I don't want to be criticize by my mom since I'm supposedly the 'brilliant' one in my family and sewing/crafting would be a 'waste of my brilliance'.
I don't know. 
Plus, I'm not original. I love checking out other people's crafts and try to match their creation because I can't come up with an original idea of my own.

Anyway, I was checking out some handmade-blogshops and stumbled onto a felt craft blogshop. They offer starter kits at RM 60 which includes:

Different colored felts, a marker, another marker, glue and a tweezers.

This is the crafting 'module'. In it, the blogger showed how to make felt key-chains, hand-phone straps.

Some cute buttons, needles, treads, scissors, key-chains, bells, hand-phone straps.

All of the above items were sent over via PosLaju in this file.

I'm having some fun making stuff with this starter kit. It also can just in time for Teacher's Day. So, I had time to make 2 hand-phone straps for Shahrin's pre-school teachers. Though I have to admit that before we got to his school and gave the HP straps to the teachers, I was feeling very proud of myself. 1- because I actually made the gifts myself and 2- I remembered to bring something as appreciation to the teachers.
But, when we got there and I saw all the other gifts/presents other parents had brought over, my pride burst. *POP*
Well, beggars can't be complainers. I seriously couldn't afford the other presents. Hopefully the teachers know that it's the thought that counts, right?

Well, the last part is going to be fun. I can't wait for tomorrow night, heh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment