Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for your comment and your prayer, it means a lot to me.

I try to be as honest to myself as possible, while at the same time *trying* to get across what I actually mean without revealing to much.

Blaghh..

Who am I kidding? I write whatever I feel like writing, right? This blog was created because:

1) I wanted to have someplace to unload/think things through/for safekeeping my life's experience. Who knows? Maybe some day soon, my boys could come here
to know more about me, their mother.
2) I need financial independence. I'm sure by now, you've read enough of this blog to know why. And a dear friend of mine had suggested that I could blog and earn at the same time.
Thus the Nuffnang ads and the previous ManggaAd that I've cancelled because I'm impatient.
I thought that I'd start getting checks as quickly as I can write entries but I'm slowly learning the truth about blogging for money.
3) I can reach out to like-minded people. I love reading about other people's stories, especially when they write from the heart. That way, I don't feel so alone and I hope to learn from them.

Can I suggest something for you?
The first blog I read was Cecily's who wrote about her loss. She was featured in Reader's Digest in an article about infertility. Though I am not infertile, I'm sure you know that, right? heh, somehow, her posts about dealing with the death of her unborn twin sons had me going back for more. She wrote so beautifully and truthfully that I feel her sadness through the words.

Recently, I found another blog, equally enthralling, due to the blogger's openness about her own short-comings. Ellie's blog is another good read, especially for someone who is battling inner demons (Me! Me!). I love how she always makes her post conversational-like; her monologues, her hats with her children. The way she makes you feel like you're not so bad after all. I always look forward to reading more from her.

Go check them out whenever you're free.

As for the breaking-the-traditional-Malay-wife-behavior thing, I don't think that's quite true. Heh. Yes, I am aware that Islam calls for wives to guard her husband's treasure (keep the family and what ever earthly belongings they have, safe) and secrets (meaning not blabber about their husbands' short-comings to anyone, especially not on the Net, heh).

But.

I think (in self-defense) that all wives do that, not out of disrespect to their husband but as a means to better themselves as wives. When we gossip, we often get tidbits from each other, on how to handle arguments or cranky husbands or even how to win the everlasting battle of who's parents' turn is it to go back to this Hari Raya? Heh.

I love my husband so much, it hurts, literally.
But I still have the urge to knock his stubborn head off, once in a while. So, if I can let that fantasy go by telling others about my current beef with him, I will.

So, dear Anonymous, do come back again for more real life stories! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment