Saturday, March 26, 2011

Earth Hour


Come on, people!
Pledge to join the Earth Hour Movement.
I really wish I could join the event at Sunway Piramid tonight.
From 8.30 tp 9.30 tonight, let's all turn off our lights and other 
electrical appliances.

That's for tonight, but we can still do our part in conserving our energy resources 
and help save the earth through other everyday activities.
What I've been doing everyday to help our earth:

1- Unplugging any electrical appliances not in use. 
It actually works! You can cut down on your electric bill by doing this.

2- Turning off lights and fans when leaving the room.
This is really simple to do. When nobody is in that room, turn off the light and fan. 
Even now, we are not using the fan at all since its raining outside & the house is cooled by the breeze.
 
3- Refusing extra plastic bags when purchasing small items.
E.g. when I'm only buying a packet of Shahrin's formula. 
There's no need for a plastic bag for just this one, right?

4-Reusing plastic containers for food items.
Instead of buying new, fancy, overpriced porcelain containers or other types of containers.
E.g. I reuse the plastic containers I got when I bought Raya cookies for storing sugar, Milo,
Nescafe and Shahrin's formula as well as other items.
Though I really wish I can spruce them up a bit. They do look bland. 

There are other 3R (Reuse, Recycle, Replace) tips I use around the house curtsy of my Mom 
but I think I'm going to save those for later.

So, Happy Earth Hour Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment