Sunday, March 20, 2011

Is it a sign?

I've been getting a lot of business opportunities lately.
Some I can join without having to put up my own money and some do.
While Ahmad's been talking a lot (*gasp* Ahmad actually talks? Is that even possible? hehe..joking) about renting a shop and setting up our own bundle business. He'd even asked our neighbor if we could set up a hut of some kind or smallish store on his empty lot for our bundle business. I'm not really confident about this new update. He has been talking about having our own shop since we first started selling bundles. Nothing came out of it anyway, so I'm a bit skeptical about it. Plus, the fact that we don't have anything left in our savings. If he thinks I'm going to ask my parents to bail him out, again, then he thought wrong!

However, I have been thinking a lot about joining a business of some kind. As I said, I've been presented with quite a few selection of businesses, especially online, that I could pursue. But based on my experience, I am not a good salesperson. Example, the first job I ever had was as a credit card promoter for a company affiliated with AmBank. They have their own card with their own perks. I lasted only 2 weeks there because 1) I was the only Malay working there, 2) my Supervisor told me to go out and find potential subscribers on my own, without any guidance from him, 3) I had a bad incident involving a Bangladeshi man in a woman's toilet in the Bukit Bintang shopping area and 4) I had no idea what I was talking about when I was promoting the card. I am really not a good promoter at all. I don't know how to make people WANT to buy want I want them to buy.

For now, I'll just go with the flow and see where the tides will take me. I'm waiting till the end of the month to really focus on any business ventures because by then, my classes would be over. Dreading exam day though. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment