Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ahmad The Silent One


I think one of the reason I fell in love with him is because he is such a patient man.

For the whole 2 years our relationship was opposed by my parents, he never gave up on us. Though I honestly don't know what he sees in me, I am thankful to GOD for pushing him into my life. Even after I repeatedly told him, I HAVE to break up with him (we broke up 3 times!), by my mother's decree, he just kept calling and SMSing and tried to keep our relationship strong.

I know, our journey as a couple was never a bed of roses, neither has our journey as husband and wife been any more romantic or movie-like (you know, hardship in the beginning but happily ever after in the end). *I* still have issues with him, mainly financial ones, but today, my love for him has been given a high dose of fertilizer (for the want of a better word, heh).

He has always been a quite man, we never talked much, even while dating, I guess I never needed him to. Just having him by my side is enough, most of the time. To me, his aura is strong but silent, fitting for such a gentle father. I like to think of him like Ethan Quinn in Inner Harbor by Nora Roberts.

At 4.20am today, I drove him to where he parked his trailer because he has to be on his way to Ipoh to deliver some building materials. The battery was dead and he tried to fix it on his own but an hour later, he still couldn't start his trailer. As I watched him trying to fix the trailer, I had to admire his patience, never once did he swore or curse or bang the stupid battery out of frustration (I know I would heh). He went about tweeking this and that in an orderly fashion, giving up only after I suggested that he call a mechanic to help him. I know I've dissed him plenty in my rants but today, I know I have fallen for my Ahmad, all over again.


3 comments:

  1. Aslkum...sy mengikuti blog ini ttpi tdklah sepenuhnya...puan sgt jujur menulis mengenai diri puan dn keluarga...puan memecah tradisi perempuan melayu yg suka bercerita kebaikn psgn wpun...hy berpura2. Inilah realiti melayu...klau diteliti cerita puan ttg suami..itulh gmbrn lelaki melayu. Ketabahn dan kekuatan seorg ibu dan kesetiaan seorg isteri...ada pd diri puan...semoga Allah always on your side

    ReplyDelete