Monday, January 17, 2011

Update on the boys.

I've just checked my posts on my dashboard & found out that I've been slacking, a lot. I'd start a post and then forget to finish it, I've got 3 'hanging' posts so far.

Nazrin has gone to sleep, so I can finish up an update on the boys tonight.
I used to do a monthly update on Shahrin when he was younger (back when I was still doing my MSc and had free internet access, on another blog) and I haven't been as diligent with Nazrin's. I guess a first-born provides unique experiences that a second-born cannot provide, heh.

So, firstly, Shahrin's development:
1- He'll be 5 years old in August but his physical development is that of a 3-4 years old. He's the 'smallest' in his age-group at his pre-school. A girl, Ain, who is in his group, can easily lift him up, as if he weighs nothing at all. Another girl, who is only 3years, going on 4, a new student there, is bigger than him. Heh.

2- Fortunately, during his Doctor's appointments at the Pediatrics Clinic, they were pleased that his mental development is within his age-group. What I'm most proud of is that he can converse in English quite well, just by watching TV! Whenever I take them out and I talk to Shahrin in English, we'd get mixed reactions; most people would express pleasure that he could speak English while some would 'indirectly' be all sarcastic or cynical, like I've committed high treason for not speaking my mother-tongue. But I give those people no mind at all, because quite frankly, it's non of their d#*n business how I talk to my sons!

3- He can be very stubborn sometimes. He'd cry my ears out if he doesn't get what he wants right when he wants it, which most of the times are when I am busy doing something else. Plus he is very possessive when it comes to his toys, around his brother that is. Nazrin can never have his toys because they're his! No matter how much I explained to him about sharing, he never listens to me. What's more annoying is that he is willing to share his toys with friends, but not his little brother. I had to break up so many fights over toys, that I really,really feel like throwing everything away, just to stop their fights. *sigh*

Now, Nazrin's development:
1- He has grown very vocal and quite the chatter-box. He has mastered more words and short sentences that we use a lot around the house. He can tell me if he wants a drink or snacks or take a bath or go for a walk. He'd come and pull my hand if I don't get him what he wants quickly enough (sound familiar? :D) Nazrin is a tad too hyper-active for my taste, unlike his brother who prefers to play and watch TV. If I leave Nazrin alone, in 5 minutes, he'd turn the bedroom into a huge mess; clothes on the floor, magazines here and there and dirty laundry all mixed up with the clean ones. It's like a mini-tornado has gone through the room. He climbs the furniture, he rides on Shahrin's big bicycle, you should see him go, what with his feet not yet long enough to paddle properly but just barely touching the footplate, so he alternately step on each footplate and slowly paddles, I am so proud of him heh.

2- He eats whatever food I gave him, but he too is under-weight. *sigh* At 20months old, he weighs a mere 7.6kg. I've tried every cooking trick the nutritionist gave me; adding more vegetable oil into his soup, buttering his bread, mixing full-cream milk into his scrambled eggs, etc etc. However, cooking for him makes it all worth while since he WANTS to eat the food, unlike his brother, who would turn down any offer. I cook more these days because of Nazrin, though not often enough heh.

Well, that's about all for now. I'll update more when the muse strikes. Stick around OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment