Sunday, January 30, 2011

Finding my writing niche.

When I was reading & 'rating' for Readbud (liars!!! they promised me that I can redeem my 'pay' only after it reaches $50, which turned out to be bogus, since it bounced back to $40 immediately after I 'rated' my final article that qualified me to redeem!), I read a lot of articles regarding 'blogging niche' and what you an achieve with it.

If you are an affiliate for a certain company, then your niche should revolve around their products or something similar. Or if you want to succeed in AdSense, that's what you should focus on too, a niche, kind of your specialty.

I think, my niche would be about me, me & more ME. Heheh.

Really! Honest.

Because, I started blogging after I read Tertia's blog on infertility and how she overcome all obstacles to FINALLY, have twins; a boy and a girl. Plus, Cecily's blog, which was also about infertility and her struggle with loss; she lost her twin boys after having to make the toughest decision between her life and theirs. She had preeclampsia and was forced to abort the boys, in order to save her life.

Their blogs were about their life and how they cope with everything. They were both unpretentious, to the point and quite open about their feelings.

This is what I want my blog to be. A space where I can write down my concerns, my fears, my hopes and dreams, including my disappointments, my mistakes and my success. I'm sure you wouldn't consider this a 'niche', I'm pretty sure of it, because blogs like mine are usually labeled as 'personal blog'. And not many people would gravitate to such blogs, right?

Well, in my defense, I am sticking with this type of niche because 'my life' is what my specialty is. I can't write about something I don't know, so why not write about things that I do know.

Maybe I need to jazz up this blog a bit more. You know, to attract more readers?

2 comments:

  1. good luck with that. if you earn much, dont forget to pay the tax bcos thats what our govt is doing now - tracking those high-earn bloggers and get them to pay tax (altho it sounded unfair)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mokteh for the encouragement. don't know if i can earn that much heheh but i'm sure going to try

    ReplyDelete