Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Look out people! It's the A-HA! moments!

Just this evening, I had 2 such moments.

Moment 1:
As usual, the boys were fighting over toys and Nazrin was knocked over by Shahrin. I tried to break them up but both were stubborn. I tried to reason with them but as always, neither paid me any attention, till I snapped. I couldn't believe I had to resort to such outburst. My parents never raise their voice with us, except for my father who used the cane as punishments (no, not in an abusive way at all!!). I truly believe we all deserved the canings since we were quite naughty as children, heh.

Anyway, after the outburst, I realized that I have to store away my wish for a daughter. I couldn't even handle 2 boys, so how in the world can I look after 3? That's not even counting Ahmad, who at times is the biggest 'baby' in this house. Maybe after both boys are in their teens, then I can dream again.

Moment 2:
Ahmad came home with a bag full of fish he'd caught. It was already Maghrib time & I haven't prayed. He wanted me to clean & fry the smaller fishes for dinner. But I was in a rush to finish up my class assignment due tomorrow (I know, I know, what am I still doing here then, right? hehe I'll get back to it once I'm done here) and didn't want to go through all the trouble of cooking an elaborate dinner.

So, I suggested to him that we have omelet instead, to which he said yes, with one condition; I HAVE to cook the fish for lunch tomorrow. Then, after I finished praying and we had our simple dinner, I sat at the table to begin my work. Nazrin had other ideas; he wanted to nurse and go to sleep. As I lay next to him while he nurse, I realized something else, one of the reason why I am so skeptical about job-hunting is because I don't think I can juggle both worlds; home and office. Even as a stay-at-home-mom, I always feel overwhelmed by everything, especially the part of looking after the boys.

3 comments:

  1. If other people can do it, so can you...Even if it means the wife has to change to her 'maid' attire when she got home and the husband can't come back home expecting to watch tv, read newspaper and waiting for a glass of cold drink. But most of us need the $$$ :)..sometimes when we are desperate, we can survive almost anything. The bottom part is, our other half must work as hard as we do in order to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blom coba blom taww kak anis. kena try dulu, baru nilai balik kemampuan kita.

    Note : macam biasa. ini nasihat untuk diri sendiri jugak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ni tulis masa tgh rasa sedih..tgh bengang dgn diri sendiri..thanks for the advise though

    jgn lupa baca post terbaru yer..heheh

    ReplyDelete