Thursday, January 20, 2011

It would be funny, if only...

I can stop feeling so sad about it.

*sigh*

It's almost insanely stupid, to be feeling this way over something so trivial.
But then again, Ahmad is just being Ahmad.

Yesterday, after my writing class was over, and since I don't have 2 small human-tornado tagging along and causing trouble, I decided to stop by a hair salon for a long-overdue haircut.

A step back in time:
When we were little, all 4 of us sisters can never have long hair. The minute our hair grew past our ears or just touching our shoulders, our father would be waiting with a pair of scissors, ready to chop it all off. I remember having a 'do that I called 'The Temenggong Jugah's cut'. He was a hero in Sarawak, if my history lessons serve me right.

See this picture?
On the left is Malaysia's very first Prime Minister, Tunku Abdul Rahman and that's Temenggung Jugah on the right. Can you see the bang covering his forehead? That's exactly how my father cut my hair one time, except that I had slightly more hair covering the back of my head. This haircut is a signature 'do among the Iban people. Well, that 'do was perfect for him, nevertheless, it was just not suitable for me, you know? Heheh.

Anyway, I was very accustomed with having short hair, plus I hate having hair in my face. However, hubby has shown quite an irrational dislike for my short hair. Even before we got married, he'd get mad at me if I told him I'd had a haircut. The shortest I can go is below my ear-line, and even that is pushing the limit.

Before yesterday, my hair has grown past my shoulder, almost halfway down my back, the longest I've ever had. Believe me, if I had my way (like I did yesterday, heh) it wouldn't have grown that long. I hate having to tie it up with a scrunchy, I hate how it gets oily in just one day, I hate the way it gets in my view if I let it down AND I especially hate it when my boys pull on it. Usually, I'd casually ask Ahmad if I could have it cut and this process normally takes a few more such can-I-cut-my-hair? kind of conversations before he would give up and cut it himself. Just a basic trim where he'd take a handful of hair and just give it a cut, nothing fancy.

But the last few months, he'd been extra busy and hasn't have the time to cut my hair. I've requested a haircut since, like forever, till yesterday. Though I was apprehensive while sitting in that chair, watching the hairdresser hack through my hair, I did have a huge smile on my face.
So, last night, he got back late after delivering his trailer back to the office. I was already asleep by then and didn't even get up to greet him. I heard him moving around the room, took a bath and kissed his boys before coming to hug me. And then, I felt him tug my short hair and his very 'angry' voice saying, "Did you cut you hair?!". I opened my eyes and smiled at him and said, "Yes, after my class was finished.". I can see that he was very upset but at that moment, Nazrin woke up, wanting to nurse so I turned on my side to face Nazrin. Ahmad then laid down beside me and I kind of went back to sleep after that.

This morning, when I woke up at 6.45am for Subuh prayer, I found Ahmad curled up on the couch in the living room. Apparently, he got so upset over my haircut, he'd rather sleep on the couch instead of sleeping next to me. T___T

Well, what's done is done. Maybe this time, I finally learned my lesson and
NOT have a haircut without his permission.
But I hate having to sweep all those fallen hair of the floor or on the pillow or in our clothes. Huhuhu




No comments:

Post a Comment