Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Back home to normal routines.

Shahrin was finally given the OK and discharged from the hospital on Monday. Yesterday was pack and go day, with Ahmad riding back and the boys, my parents and I came in my father's car. Thank goodness for his antic car, if not, I would have to brave the bus again. Though it wasn't all bad since Nazrin slept almost 80% of the trip. He just couldn't sit still and wasn't afraid of anything. Luckily, he fell asleep quite early on the bus ride while Shahrin spent the whole trip talking about anything and everything, heh.

His operation was a success, at least from my view. His Doctor told me that they've created a brand new hole for his 'down there' and closed up the originally misplaced hole. On the 6th day after the operation, they took out his bandages (I wasn't there though I promised him I would be) and tube that was inserted for his urine outlet. Right after he peed on his own, without any problem, we were given the OK to check out.

We kind of followed a scheduled routine of one parent during the day and another during the night, to keep Shahrin company while at the hospital. I took the day shift while Ahmad took the night watch since Nazrin is still breastfeeding, so I have to be home at night since he'd wake up every 3-4 hours or so to nurse. This routine helped both of us a lot because it gave both of us some time to relax and 'recover'.

Will post more later on my findings about hospital 'etiquette' that I believe everyone should follow.
Right now I need to proofread some theses for my current customer.
Thank you Teacher Agnes for recommending me to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment