Thursday, April 7, 2011

Update on the RA thing.

I have just called the person in charge of recruiting RAs for the project.
She informed me that they are going to set up a Call Center for contacting correspondence involved in this project. The RAs are going to be calling the correspondence and get their feedback on the survey. Kind of like being a telemarketer but in a nicer way, heh.

There would be 3 shifts, from 10am to 10pm and from what I've gathered, if someone gets the 10am shift, that person will be off-duty by 6pm. The coordinator told me that each RA would have to work an 8 hours shift with 1 hour for rest. Pretty much a 9 to 5 job but in shifts.

I'm kind of worried though. IF I get the job and in the 3 month working period I get the night shift, I'd have to drive home alone from Penang back to Bagan Serai! That's a long way to drive alone, at night (10pm from Penang and at least 1.5 hours to reach Bagan Serai) and I don't do well in the dark. *shudder*

I did ask the coordinator if they would consider special request; cutting some slack for mothers with children, hoping that if I do get it, then I wouldn't have to worry about working the night shift. She said that they have to wait and see how everything goes after the interview on the 16th.

Well, for now, I think I'm going to try for it and be there for the interview.
After all, I have got nothing to lose and so much to gain. 

   

1 comment:

  1. Anis...brp salarynye..kalau setakat 500..kena pk segala kos ulang alik..mkn minum..penat lelah..kalau 1k (degree RA basic)..okla jugak kot..but u need to consider a lot of things..make sure diskas ngan ahmad n explain the if..if..things..huhuh..

    ReplyDelete