Friday, April 15, 2011

Reusing empty plastic container.

Morning folks!

The Earth Hour Campaign has come and go with little support from my family. *sigh*
The boys freaked out when I turned off all the lights, so we kept the TV & my lappy on so that the house wasn't in complete darkness. Candles were not an option with these 2, they would burn the house down if I so much as blink my eyes, hehe. (You know that I'm only exaggerating, right? )Even then, not 5 minutes into the campaign, my Ahmad turned the lights back on because HE couldn't stand being in the dark either.
*more sigh*

So, that was that. The lights came back on, the TV kept on blaring, lappy on, fans on, like the campaign was never in place at all. *huh* Maybe we'll do better next year.

Fortunately, the campaign wasn't just about turning off the lights for one hour, in one day, once a year. It is an on-going campaign all year round, to get the world community to rally together in our fight against the destruction of earth. Every little thing we do, counts in a big way.

As for me, what I have figured out for doing my part to help save earth is by applying the 3R; Reuse, Reduce, Recycle in my daily routine. This movement is not just about any specific organization or government body, it encompasses the whole human community, those who cares about the world we live in. You can go here and here too, for more info.

I figured that since I don't have financial resources to help with this movement, I could just apply the 3R this way: by reusing empty plastic containers for storage around the house.


These are Ahmad's 'man-stuff'; nails, screws, bits and pieces.

The bigger nuts and bolts are in this peanut butter container.

Big nails, small nails, you name it, they're in these plastic jars.

Stack-able, for easy storage :D

Then, there are also my own stuff, in the kitchen. I used more empty plastic containers as storage for my sugar, Nescafe 3-in-1 and Shahrin's formula.


Coffee (Nescafe) powder.

3-in-1

Shahrin's formula
It is both easy and money-saving to reuse what you already have at hand. Sure, they are not as pretty as porcelain containers or Mason jars but, I think as long as they are functional, they are good enough for me. Although I am seriously thinking of putting on a coat of white poster paint or other paints to make them look even better. If I do get to doing that, I'll be sure to post it here. 

Apart from these, I've already posted other crafts I made out of my trash. Check out my Crafting Amateur label for more info. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment