Sunday, April 3, 2011

Our menu for today.

 I was feeling rather motivated this morning, so I went grocery shopping. I bought half a chicken, some Chinese mustard plant (sayur sawi), I actually wanted to buy kailan but since they don't have any, I had to settle with the mustard plant instead. I also bought some chilies, dried anchovies and the makings of a 
chicken soup.

 Here they are! Clockwise from top: chicken soup, fried chicken with chilies, fried mustard plant with anchovies, chilies and soy sauce, and some plain fried chicken.
 

Chicken soup
Fried chicken with chilies.

Fried mustard plant with anchovies, chilies and a dash of soy sauce.

The basic preparation needed for all 3 dishes were the same; onions, garlic and some ginger.
I peeled and blended these 3 ingredients separately, for easy use/sauteing in all 3 dishes.
Just the type of cooking I prefer, easy and simple! 

No comments:

Post a Comment