Friday, February 11, 2011

Art Attact; The Too Cute Desktop Calender.

So, as I have said, I'm a closet hoarder. I tend to keep all the boxes, plastic containers and other bits and pieces. The intention behind hoarding such items is mostly cosmetic; the box looks cute, its glossy and sturdy, its big (might need it for packing presents or something), I like the design, you know, stuff like that. Plus, the amateur crafter in me sees the possibilities behind each hoarded item. Therefore, today, I am presenting my latest 'Art Attact', created from my stash of trash, The Too Cute Desktop Calender!!!


Items:

One Koko Krunch box

A 2011 calender from Kreko magazine
(a cartoon mag filled with Japanese cartoons)

Here they are together.

I opened up the box and flipped it over.
With the help from my 'Handy Helpers' (notice Nazrin's cameo appearance? heh),
I folded and glued the box back together to form a tent.

The next steps are mostly self-explanatory. Basically, I glued the calender to the top
part of the tent I've made from the box. Unfortunately, I miscalculated the length of the calender, so I had a bit more box sticking out. Rather than cut that part out, I decided to embellish it with a note holder and a flowery design at the bottom.

I made this note holder from the leftover box and Shahrin helped stick the butterflies
on it to make it look cuter. I asked Ahmad to write down 'Notes' at the top
since his handwriting looks better than mine.

I used these paint markers and the stencil to decorate the bottom part.

When I first looked at them, without the borders (notice the alternate flowers
with borders?), they looked kind of bland, so I bordered every other flower,
to enhance their appearance a bit. Nicer this way, right?

Now don't forget the 3D-effect bunny! I glued an accordion piece of paper behind her
to get this effect. Doesn't she look cute? She's from Paper Glitter's
free printables from the To Do List. I threw away the used list part but
couldn't find it in my heart to throw the images away, they
(this bunny, 3 apples and a Japanese doll) are TOO CUTE!
Luckily, I finally have a home for this bunny to live in, heh.


And here's the finished product. Isn't it Too Cute?

Here it is, on my newly organized table top. When I took this picture this morning,
everything was nice and organized, not 20 minutes after,
'everything' had gone everywhere. *sigh*

In the above picture, I hid all of my paper clutter. Now, if only I have one of this to
organize them, then everything would be puurrr-fect!
Desk-top wise, that is.


I'm linking this post to Sassy Sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment