Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Unique pen holder.

Here, I have a few more of my stash of trash. The tissue box had a nice flowery motif going on and I couldn't throw it out. It looked so pretty and I keep thinking of how or what am I supposed to do with it. I wanted to keep the flower motif but the brand name is so huge, I got stuck on how to cover it up and yet still showcase the flowers.

(In this picture; the infamous tissue box, the magnet strip and a name card holder)

Then, there's the strip of magnet that I ripped off from my son's broken magnetic doodle board. It wasn't as nice looking as this one:

but it has served its purpose well. I kept the plastic cover with the intention of having another trash to treasure project. But that's for another day.

So, I have been having some trouble with my pens. They keep disappearing and they are never where I put them, when I need them. I even wrote about them here. My kids kept taking my pens and never putting them back, plus most of them got busted by the brutality of Nazrin's writing skills. *sigh*

Anyway, I've been thinking that I should have a memo/note spot on my fridge, you know, for To Do Lists, Shopping List or the occasional love note to Ahmad (yeah, right! :D). And I have just the right trash to make a one of a kind pen holder. This is not a tutorial, so I'm just going to show you what I've done, with a little description.

TADAA!!!

What I did was I incorporated the flower pattern from the tissue box into my 'design'. I cut out 2 flowers (1 big and 1 small) from the top part of the box, just in case I come up with a new idea for it, then I can still use it. I colored the bigger piece blue since yellow on yellow didn't pop out. I glued a small piece of the magnet strip to the back of the holder and the flowers on top. Slide in a pen at the plastic strip and I was done.

Here it is on my fridge, the cute note was from Tricia-Rennea's free printables.

A close-up of my unique pen holder.
Now I can be sure that this pen at least, will stick to where I've put it, on my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment