Friday, February 4, 2011

Recipe: Onion dumplings with anchovies

Today I made my mom's famous (within the family anyway heh) onion dumplings with anchovies for breakfast. P/s: Sorry Adik, no pictures, again..*sigh* I need to buy me a digital camera..
Actually, she has many variations for this type of dumpling, but today I just went with what I had in the kitchen.

So, the ingredients:

3 cups of wheat flour.
Half a cup of grounded dried anchovies.
1 minced onion (it was very big).
1 egg.
Salt to taste.


Preparations:
1- Mix all the above ingredients together with half a cup of water. Add more water till you reach a workable batter consistency.
2- Once you are satisfied with the batter, use a spoon to pour the batter into hot oil.
3- When the dumplings are golden brown, take them out of the fryer and drain excess oil on kitchen roll.
4- Serve warm (because of the kids heh) with chili sauce for dipping.
Bon apatite!!

Next time, I'm going to try her 'famous' plain sweet dumpling recipe. Till next time, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment