Saturday, February 5, 2011

A new project.

Alhamdulillah.

I've managed to secure a new project; proofreading/editing a paper for publication in an academic journal. The plus side is the research is very similar to my own MSc thesis, so this one should be easy to read through.

Reading aside, I've been domesticated!

I mean, I am now, truly, a Stay-At-Home-Mom, with the whole shebang; cleaning, organizing, caring, washing plus COOKING!

I've cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner so much this week alone, they should cover all the days that I didn't cook in the last 2 years. Ahahaha..exaggerating much here.

But I do believe I've found my groove. Not that my dishes were over the top, just basic Malaysian dishes that are simple and easy to cook. The only reason I hated cooking was based on my experience, watching my mom and late grandma cook. My grandma's dishes always requires loads of ingredients and are always super-complicated. If one ingredient is missing, then the whole dish is a goner. They'd usually start preparation, like for lunch, as early as 10am! Then, there's the dishes, to be done during, while and after they are done cooking. That's not even counting the dishes after lunch is over. *sigh* Now do you see why I am not so keen on cooking?

Anyways, all in all, cooking for Ahmad & Nazrin (Shahrin hates eating heh) does give me a kind of satisfaction. Here's to Chef Anis! Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment